The Other Two
- "The Other Two" can also refer to an Edith Wharton short story.
|The Other Two|
|Origin||Macclesfield, Cheshire, England|
Qwest/Reprise/Warner Bros. Records (US)
|Associated acts||Joy Division
The Other Two are an English dance act, are Stephen Morris and Gillian Gilbert of New Order. The band name refers to the fact that the other New Order members, Bernard Sumner and Peter Hook, had already released solo records when the first The Other Two record, the single "Tasty Fish", came out 1991 and peaked at 41 in the UK Singles Chart.
The Other Two's albums are The Other Two & You (1993), on which Gilbert was the vocalist, and Super Highways (1999), which also featured guest vocalist Melanie Williams on some tracks ("Super Highways", "You Can Fly", "One Last Kiss").
The Other Two have been involved in motion picture scoring; they created a theme song for the TV series Common As Muck (the track New Horizon has elements of this theme tune), America's Most Wanted. Other soundtrack work includes Cold Feet, Making Out and series two of Cracker. The Other Two created music for the UK TV programme Reportage, but this was credited as New Order.
|Year||Album details||Chart positions|
|US Heat- seekers
|1993||The Other Two & You
|US Club Play
|US Modern Rock
|1990||"Loved It (The New Factory)" (Limited non-commercial release) (as 'Steve and Gillian')||–||–||–||The Other Two & You|
|1995||"Innocence" (Released only in the U.S.)||–||–||–|
|1999||"You Can Fly" (Withdrawn shortly before release)||–||–||–||Super Highways|
|2011||Anna + Peter Swing Project 1 (as 'Gillian + Stephen')||–||–||–||—|
- "Internet Archive Wayback Machine". Web.archive.org. 2009-10-27. Retrieved 2012-04-18.
- "Chart Stats - Other Two". chartstats.com. Archived from the original on 2013-01-18. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- "allmusic ((( The Other Two > Charts & Awards > Billboard Albums )))". 2010 Rovi Corporation. Archived from the original on 2013-01-18. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- "allmusic ((( The Other Two > Charts & Awards > Billboard Singles )))". 2010 Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2010-06-17.