The Outdoor Book for Adventurous Boys
Cover of US edition
|Cover artist||Diana Nuhn|
|Subject||Hobbies, Family Activities, Survival Skills|
|Publisher||The Lyons Press|
|January 1, 2008|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover)|
The Outdoor Book For Adventurous Boys is a fun, retro mixture of useful outdoor skills, recreational activities, and "forbidden knowledge" that will be enjoyable for children while reminding adults of a simpler time.
The book has more than 70 entries on the great outdoors, survival techniques, games, and cunning inventions. It includes a mixture of useful outdoor skills, fun activities, and hidden knowledge. This book aims to be a guide for teaching kids about the world away from MySpace, text messaging, and reality television.
The book teaches how to:
- Escape a bear attack
- Make a rope swing
- Build an igloo with your bare hands
- Track wild animals
- Start a fire without matches
- Escape from quicksand
The Outdoor Book For Adventurous Boys features two-color "retro" illustrations to complement its fun and fact-filled approach. It is written to appeal to boys and girls, as well as parents and grandparents who want to pass on their love of the outdoors.
The Great Outdoors
Fun and Games
- 50 Things Every Guy Should Know How to Do
- The Boy Mechanic: 200 Classic Things to Build
- The Dangerous Book for Boys
- The Daring Book for Girls
- The American Boy's Handy Book
- An Outdoor Book for Girls
- Gifted Girls Activities Guide for 365 Days of the Year'"