The Pacemaker is a Pocket Size DJ System. invented by Jonas Norberg. The device features include a 120 GB hard drive, a signal-to-noise ratio of 103, and many basic DJ audio tools. The DJ tools include line out and headphone crossfaders and jacks, bend, pitch, DJ pause, cue points, loop, equalisation, filter, sound effects, and a USB 2.0 connector. Any mix that is created can be saved and legally shared with the rest of the world.
In 2007 the physical device was showcased at the Sónar Festival in Barcelona in June, on Ibiza in July and at IFA Berlin and PLASA trade shows. It was also at the Amsterdam dance event. Originally scheduled for release in February 2008, slight delays pushed it back to March 2008 when the first units were shipped. The first release of the device was to the first 2000 people that pre-ordered (all of which received the "Premier Edition" of the device). Using his Tonium Pacemaker DJ JMS made history in 2009 being the first DJ to play a wireless set to over 5,000 people in the UKs biggest dance club. Pacemaker is being used by top DJ's in US, Australia, UK & Netherlands. India's famous DJ Loch is said to be the only DJ from India to have adopted this latest technology.
On 12 October 2012, pacemakerdevice.org was launched, a community run website currently sponsored by Pacemaker.net for the owners of the original Pacemaker Device. The site contains downloads for the Pacemaker editor, firmware and manuals. A dedicated forum was launched at the same time too.
The Pacemaker weighs 200 g. It has a length of 164 mm, a width of 69.6 mm, and a depth of 22.8 mm. Its user input latency is less than 5 milliseconds. Its playback time for music is 18 hours and 5 hours for DJ playback.
- Blass, Evan (2007-05-04). "The Pacemaker: 'world's first' pocket-size pro DJ system". Engadget. Retrieved 2007-05-09.
- Chen, Jason (2007-05-04). "Pacemaker's Pocket-Sized DJ Brings Mixing In Your Pants". Gizmodo. Retrieved 2007-05-09.
- Sorrel, Charlie (2007-05-07). "Pacemaker DJ System: A Party in Your Pocket". Wired. Retrieved 2007-05-09.
- "Tonium announces new portable DJ system". Gearjunkies. 2007-05-07. Retrieved 2007-05-09.
- "Pacemaker". Tonium. 2007-08-29. Retrieved 2007-09-19.
- "Most Innovative New DJ Product". DJViBE. 2008-10-23. Retrieved 2008-11-14.
- "Pacemaker and RIM announce exclusive DJ app for PlayBook". Retrieved 29 April 2012.
- "Pacemaker Community Forums".
- "Pacemaker - Your Move Will Music the World" (Press release). Tonium AB. Retrieved 2007-05-09.