|This article does not cite any references or sources. (February 2012)|
|Origin||Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada|
|Associated acts||The Bonaduces
|Past members||Jack Jonasson
Louis Lévesque Côté
The Paperbacks are a Canadian indie rock band from Winnipeg. The band formed in 2000 after the disbanding of popular local Winnipeg punk-rock act The Bonaduces. The band is heavily involved with the local Winnipeg music scene with close ties to such bands as The Weakerthans and Novillero. They released their debut album An Episode of Sparrows in 2003 on record label Pshaw. In January 2003 Endearing Records released Intercontinental Pop Exchange No. 1, a split with Wolf Colonel. Their latest album An Illusion Against Death was released July 21, 2007 in Canada on the Parliament of Trees record label. John K Samson of the Weakerthans acted as producer on their second record
Their track "Grey Skies" is featured on the 2004 compilation album New Music Canada, Vol. 1.
In January 2010 they released their third full length a double album, Lit from Within.
- Doug McLean - Guitar, Vocals. Also performs with "Half Mast" and "Bulls on Parade", a Rage Against the Machine cover band.
- Jaret McNabb - Bass. Also performs with Broken Orchestra of Winnipeg.
- Corey Biluk - Drums. Also performs with Broken Orchestra of Winnipeg and Safety Penguin.
- Kevin Andrechuk - Guitar.
- Kevin McLean - Keyboard. Also performs with Broken Orchestra of Winnipeg and Sub City Dwellers.
- Skinny Sidewalks (2002)
- An Episode of Sparrows (2003)
- Intercontinental Pop Exchange No. 1 - split with Wolf Colonel (2003)
- An Illusion Against Death (2007)
- Lit from Within (2010)