The Peninsula Hotels
The Hong Kong and Shanghai Hotels, Limited, which operates The Peninsula Hotels (SEHK: 45), is a hotel chain operator based in Hong Kong. It operates nine hotels across Asia, Europe and the United States. Its flagship hotel is the famous Peninsula Hong Kong which opened in 1928.
The Hong Kong and Shanghai Hotels, Limited was incorporated in 1866. The company became engaged in real estate, acquiring land properties. The first Peninsula Hotel was built in 1928, known as The Peninsula Hong Kong in Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong. The Peninsula Hong Kong holds several world records for placing the largest single orders for fleets of Rolls-Royce cars in the world.
In 1976, it opened The Peninsula Manila in Makati City, Philippines, and became a symbol economic prosperity in the financial district of that country. After a decade, the opening was followed by The Peninsula New York in 1988, as the company ventured into the American market. A year later, The Peninsula Beijing opened in 1989. Then, The Peninsula Beverly Hills opened two years later 1991.
The Peninsula Bangkok opened in 1998, followed by The Peninsula Chicago in 2001. Six years later, The Peninsula Tokyo was built in 2007, then The Peninsula Shanghai in 2009. The Peninsula Paris is expected to open in August 2014.
Awards and achievements
Properties and locations
- The Peninsula Hong Kong - 1928
- The Peninsula Manila - 1976
- The Peninsula New York - 1988
- The Peninsula Beijing - 1989
- The Peninsula Beverly Hills - 1991
- The Peninsula Bangkok - 1998
- The Peninsula Chicago - 2001
- The Peninsula Tokyo - 2007
- The Peninsula Shanghai - 2009
- The Peninsula Paris - 2014
- The Peninsula London (under construction)
- Condé Nast Traveler
- Lonely Planet
- World's Best Hotels 2010- Page 8 - Articles | Travel + Leisure
- 2010 World's Best Hotels | Travel + Leisure
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Peninsula Hotels.|