The Perfect Matrimony
The Perfect Matrimony, or The Door to Enter Into Initiation, is the first of approximately seventy books written by Samael Aun Weor. It was first published in 1950 then revised and amplified in 1961.
It describes the esoteric teachings of alchemy, tantra, kabbalah, the mysteries of the Maya, Aztecs, ancient Egyptians, Tibetans, and Essenes, among others. The sexual aspect of religion is stressed in every religion it covers, stating bluntly that “the topic of this book is exclusively Sexual Magic.” Sexual magic is explained as the synthesis of all religion. From the introduction of the 1960 edition:
- Sexual magic is practiced in esoteric Christianity. Sexual magic is practiced in Zen Buddhism. Sexual magic is practiced amongst the Initiated Yogis. Sexual magic is practiced amongst the Muslim Sufis. Sexual magic was practiced in the Initiatic Colleges of Troy, Egypt, Rome, Carthage, Eleusis. Sexual magic was practiced by the mysterious Maya, Aztec, Inca, Druids, etc.
The author presents a wide selection of religion and mystery schools from esoteric viewpoints, highlighting data traditionally thought to be unimportant, or otherwise understood in an unrelated manner. The primary message is that upright sexuality, exemplified through sexual magic, is the cornerstone upon which all authentic religion, yoga and occultism is based.
The Perfect Matrimony is a discourse on how to transform the sexual energy into its superior aspects via sexual transmutation. It states that there are three types of Sexual Magic, or Tantra: Black, Grey, and White. Black Tantra involves the ejaculation of semen, and Grey Tantra sometimes concludes with orgasm or ejaculation, while White Tantra always opposes any loss of sexual energy whatsoever, in other words, without orgasm or ejaculation. It exclusively advocates White Tantra as the path to achieve “self-realization” and to “achieve cosmic consciousness.” This system of classification is not found in any of the traditional Tantric texts, however it is also true that tantra yoga has been historically gupta vidya, or esoteric knowledge not contained in books.
The Perfect Matrimony also states that Jesus was married and practiced sexual yoga with his wife. The concept of Jesus being married is only now being considered in popular culture (see Mary Magdalene).
Notes and references
- The Perfect Matrimony
- Samael Aun Weor (2001) . "Introduction". The Perfect Matrimony. Thelema Press. p. 10. ISBN 0-9742755-0-6.
- Samael Aun Weor (2001) . "Introduction". The Perfect Matrimony. Thelema Press. p. 11. ISBN 0-9742755-0-6.
- Samael Aun Weor (2001) . "Introduction". The Perfect Matrimony. Thelema Press. p. 11. ISBN 0-9742755-0-6. "Therefore, sexual magic and the Cosmic Christ are the synthesis of all religions, schools and sects. We teach the Doctrine of the Synthesis. This doctrine could never be contrary to the diverse religious forms. Our teachings are found within all religions, schools and beliefs. If the reader makes a serious study of all the religions of the world, he will discover the phallus and uterus as the synthesis of all Mysteries."
- Samael Aun Weor (2001) . "Sexual Yoga". The Perfect Matrimony. Thelema Press. p. 258. ISBN 0-9742755-0-6. "Already the men of science know that the sexual glands are not sealed capsules. They absorb and secret hormones. The hormones of secretion are called "conserving," because they perpetuate the species; the hormones of absorption are called "vitalizing," because they vitalize the human organism. This process of hormonal absorption is transmutation, the transformation of one type of energy-matter into another type of energy-matter. Maithuna, Sexual Magic, is intensified sexual transmutation. The Gnostic absorbs, transmutes and sublimates the totality of the sexual energy-matter. The rich and abundant sexual hormones inundate the circulatory system of the blood and reach the different glands of internal secretion, stimulating and inciting them to work intensely. Thus, with intensified sexual transmutation, the endocrine glands are super-stimulated, producing as is natural a greater number of hormones which animate and modify the entire liquid nervous system."
- Samael Aun Weor (2001) . "Sexual Yoga". The Perfect Matrimony. Thelema Press. p. 253. ISBN 0-9742755-0-6. "Three types of Tantras exist in India; first White Tantra, second, black Tantra, third, grey Tantra. In White Tantra, Sexual Magic is practiced without the spilling of semen. In black Tantra there is spilling of semen. In grey Tantra, the semen is and is not spilled. Sometimes the semen is spilled, and sometimes it is not spilled. This type of Tantra leads the devotee to black Tantra."
- Samael Aun Weor (2001) . "Conclusion". The Perfect Matrimony. Thelema Press. p. 393. ISBN 0-9742755-0-6. "Sex is the path that leads human beings to the Final Liberation. If someone thinks that some different path exists for self-realization he is totally mistaken."
- Samael Aun Weor (2001) . "Initiation". The Perfect Matrimony. Thelema Press. pp. 217–218. ISBN 0-9742755-0-6. "It is impossible to achieve cosmic consciousness without Sanctity. it is impossible to obtain Sanctity without Love. Love is the path of Sanctity. The most grandiose manifestation of Love is found during Sexual Magic. In these moments the man and woman are a single, terribly divine hermphroditic being."
- Swami Sivananda Saraswati. "Tantra Yoga". Retrieved 2006-07-30.
- Samael Aun Weor (2001) . "Sexual Yoga". The Perfect Matrimony. Thelema Press. pp. 253–254. ISBN 0-9742755-0-6. "In the Hindustan, Sexual Magic is known as Maithuna. It is also known as Urdhvareta Yoga and those who practise it are called Urdhareta Yogis. In all truly serious and responsible yogi schools, Sexual Magic is practised in an extremely secret manner. When a yogi couple, man and woman, have been well prepared, they are taken to a secret place where they are instructed about the Maithuna (Sexual Magic)."
- Samael Aun Weor (2001) . "The Christ". The Perfect Matrimony. Thelema Press. p. 385. ISBN 0-9742755-0-6. "Jesus was a complete man. Jesus was not the castrated one who many religions depicted. Jesus followed the Path of the Perfect Matrimony. Jesus formed the Christ within himself by practising Sexual Magic with his wife. What we are stating will shock fanatics."