The Pet Shop
|The Pet Shop|
|Starring||Gail Compton (host)
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original run||December 1, 1951 – March 14, 1953|
The Pet Shop was an American television program broadcast on the DuMont Television Network. The series ran from 1951 to 1953, and was a primetime series on pet care hosted by Gail Compton and his young daughter Gay.
The program, produced and distributed by DuMont, aired on Saturdays at 7:30 pm ET on most DuMont affiliates. The series was cancelled in 1953. DuMont replaced the series with local (non-network) programming.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- 1952-53 United States network television schedule
- McNeil, Alex (1980). Total Television (4th ed.). New York: Penguin Books. ISBN 0-14-024916-8.
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1