The Philippine Star
|Owner(s)||MediaQuest Holdings (51%)
Belmonte Family (21%)
Private stock (28%)
(PhilStar Daily, Inc.)
|Founded||July 28, 1986|
|Headquarters||13th corner Railroad Sts., Port Area, Manila, Philippines|
|Sister newspapers||Pilipino Star Ngayon
The Philippine STAR is the flagship newspaper of the Star Group of Publications and is one of the Philippines' newspaper of record. It is owned and published by Philstar Daily Inc., which also publishes tabloids Pilipino Star Ngayon, Pang-Masa, The Freeman, and Banat. The STAR's journalistic principle is anchored on the Biblical motto, Truth Shall Prevail.
Veteran newsmen Max Soliven, Betty Go-Belmonte, and Art Borjal founded The Philippine STAR on July 28, 1986 a few months after the EDSA Revolution that toppled strongman Ferdinand Marcos and propelled Corazon Aquino to the Philippine presidency. The newspaper's support for Aquino administration is reflected in its yellow banner dubbed Cory Yellow. On 4 August 1995, The Philippine STAR became the first Philippine broadsheet newspaper to publish a full-color front page. By 2001, the newspaper was published in color from cover to cover.
The Philippine STAR is a three-time winner of the Newspaper of the Year award given by the Rotary Club of Manila. In 2006, The Philippine STAR received the prestigious Marketing Company of the Year Award from the Philippine Marketing Association.
- Chairman: Atty. Rey Espinosa
- President & CEO: Miguel Belmonte
- Editor in Chief: Ana Marie Pamintuan
- SVP, Sales & Marketing: Lucien Dy Tioco
- VP, Circulation: Fernando Lopez
- VP-Operations: Teresa Mendoza
- Jarius Bondoc
- Cito Beltran
- F. Sionil José
- Ernesto Maceda
- Federico Pascual
- Alex Magno (political scientist)
- Tim Yap
- Ricky Lo
- Wilson Lee Flores
- Jaucian, Don (28 July 2010). "Litte Revolutions: 24 Years of the Philippine STAR". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "STAR wins Rotary's Newspaper of the Year Award". The Philippine Star. 7 June 2013. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "STAR wins Marketing Company of the Year Award". The Philippine Star. 23 March 2006. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- Digital Edition
- The Philippine Star on Facebook
- The Philippine Star on Twitter
- The Philippine Star on Instagram