The Pinehills is a census-designated place (CDP) located in the Pine Hills region of Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States. As of 2008, the project is the largest new residential and commercial development in New England. The community will consist of over 1,000 luxury houses, apartments and condominiums, two golf courses, a country club, and the Village Green, a small commercial center with shops and services. It is still under construction. When completed in 2014, it is expected to contain close to 3,000 homes and stretch over an area of 3,060 acres (12.4 km2), an area larger than many Massachusetts towns. As of the 2010 census, the population was 955.
The Village Green
The Village Green is the commercial center of the Pinehills. It consists of a grocery store, several shops, a restaurant, a post office, a wine and spirits shop, several medical service centers, offices, and a TD Bank branch. A gas station opened in the spring of 2012. A fire station is also located within The Pinehills.
The Pinehills contains two 18-hole golf courses situated among the residential neighborhoods. The courses are titled the "Nicklaus Course" and the "Rees Jones Course", and both are consistently ranked among the top golf courses in the United States. The development also contains a country club and a golf center.
- "Feature Detail Report for: The Pinehills Census Designated Place". United States Geological Survey. 31 Mar 2010. Retrieved 2010-12-19.
- Judith Gaines. "Is this the new New England?". Yankee Magazine. Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-08-07.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): The Pinehills CDP, Massachusetts". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 27, 2012.
- "The Homes". The Pinehills. Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-08-07.
- Smith, Sandy (July 30, 2013). "Breaking Ground Should Not Result in Broken Employees". EHS Today (Penton Media). Retrieved October 28, 2013.
- Goodison, Donna (October 26, 2013). "OSHA fines Avon co. in death". The Boston Herald. Retrieved October 28, 2013.
- "The Pinehills Village Green". The Pinehills. Retrieved 2007-08-07.
- "Championship Golf". The Pinehills. Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-08-07.