The Pointer Sisters (album)
|The Pointer Sisters|
|Studio album by The Pointer Sisters|
|Recorded||Wally Heider Studios
(San Francisco, California)
|Genre||R&B, soul, Funk|
|Producer||David Rubinson & Friends, Inc.|
|The Pointer Sisters chronology|
|Robert Christgau||B |
The album yielded the hits "Yes We Can Can" and "Wang Dang Doodle" and became a success based on word of mouth after heralded performances at The Troubadour in Los Angeles and the Helen Reddy Show. The album peaked at number 13 on the Billboard 200 and reached number three on the R&B albums chart and was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America in February 1974. The album was remastered and issued on CD in 2001 by MCA Records.
|1.||"Yes We Can Can"||Allen Toussaint||6:02|
|2.||"Cloudburst"||Leroy Kirkland, Jimmy Harris||3:12|
|3.||"Jada"||Pointer Sisters, Bruce Good, Jeff Cohen||4:40|
|4.||"River Boulevard"||Barbara Mauritz||5:52|
|5.||"Old Songs"||John Shine, Bruce Good||4:01|
|6.||"That's How I Feel"||Wilton Felder||7:07|
|8.||"Pains and Tears"||Norman Landsberg||2:36|
|9.||"Naked Foot"||Neal Tate||3:46|
|10.||"Wang Dang Doodle"||Willie Dixon||7:34|
- Anita Pointer, Ruth Pointer, Bonnie Pointer, June Pointer – vocals
- Gaylord Birch – drums
- Tom Salisbury – piano
- Ron McClure – acoustic bass, electric bass
- Willie Fulton – electric guitar
- Ed Marshall – drums on "Cloudburst" and "Jada"
- Rod Ellicott – bass on "River Boulevard"
- Norman Landsberg – piano on "Old Songs"
- The Hoodoo Rhythm Devils – backing band on "Wang Dang Doodle"
- David Rubinson & Friends, Inc. – producer, mix-down engineer
- Norman Landsberg – associate producer
- Fred Catero, Jeremy Zatkin – recording engineers, mix-down engineers
- George Horne – mastering engineer
- H. B. Greene – portraiture, design
|U.S. Billboard 200||13|
|U.S. Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums||3|