The Power of Women
|The Power of Women|
|Format||Public affairs program|
|Starring||Vivien Kellems (host)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||20|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original run||July 1, 1952 – November 11, 1952|
The Power of Women was an early American television program broadcast on the DuMont Television Network. The series ran from July to November of 1952. This thirty minute long series was a public affairs program originally hosted by Vivien Kellems. Kellems would leave partway through the series' run.
The program, produced and distributed by DuMont, aired Mondays at 8pm ET on most DuMont affiliates. The series was cancelled in November 1952, replaced by popular quiz show Twenty Questions.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- 1952-53 United States network television schedule
- McNeil, Alex (1980). Total Television (4th ed.). New York: Penguin Books. ISBN 0-14-024916-8.
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1