The Prize in the Game
|The Prize in the Game|
Tor Books hardcover
|Cover artist||Jean Pierre Targete|
|December 2002 (1st edition)|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover)|
|Pages||256 pp (hardcover, 1st edition)|
|ISBN||ISBN 0-7653-0263-2 (hardcover, 1st edition)|
|Dewey Decimal||823/.92 21|
|LC Class||PR6073.A448 P75 2002|
|Followed by||The King's Peace|
The Prize in the Game is Jo Walton's third novel, published by Tor Books in December 2002. The novel is a prequel to Walton's first two novels, The King's Peace and The King's Name; its main characters appear as minor or off-stage characters in those books. The story was loosely inspired by the Táin Bó Cúailnge.
- 2002, USA, Tor Books ISBN 0-7653-0263-2, Pub date 1 December 2002, Hardback
- 2004, USA, Tor Fantasy ISBN 0-7653-4670-2, Pub date 4 May 2004, Mass Market Paperback
- The King's Peace Page Index Walton's site via the Wayback Machine
- Full text of the novel (under CCL)
- Cobb, Christopher (May 23, 2003). "Strife Without Bitterness: Jo Walton's The Prize in the Game". Strange Horizons.
- Silver, Steven H (2003). "The SF Site Featured Review: The Prize in the Game". SF Site.
|This article about a 2000s fantasy novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|