The Problem Solverz
|The Problem Solverz|
|Also known as||Neon Knome (original title)|
|Created by||Ben Jones|
|Developed by||Dave Foligno|
|Written by||Ben Jones (co-writer)
|Directed by||Ben Jones
Greg Miller (supervising director)
|Creative director(s)||Jamie R. Young|
|Voices of||Ben Jones
|Narrated by||John DiMaggio|
|Opening theme||"The Problem Solverz", by Ben Jones|
|Ending theme||"The Problem Solverz" (Instrumental)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||26 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Ben Jones
Eric Kaplan (for Mirari Films)
|Running time||11 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Mirari Films
Cartoon Network Studios
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television|
|Original channel||Cartoon Network|
|Picture format||Original short/Pilot: 576i PAL
TV series: 1080i (16:9 HDTV)
|Original run||April 4, 2011– present|
|Related shows||Wyld File|
The Problem Solverz (originally titled Neon Knome) is an American animated television series created by Ben Jones, a member of the art collective Paper Rad, for Cartoon Network. The series centers on the titular Problem Solverz trio of Alfe, Roba, and Horace, as they solve and sometimes create the various problems that plague their town, Farboro. The series is rated TV-PG. The original pilot Neon Knome was rejected by Cartoon Network's late-night programming block Adult Swim, but was picked up and re-tooled by the main network, which premiered the series on April 4, 2011.
On September 20, 2012, a statement on a Facebook page for the show said that the second half of Season 2 was intended to debut September 24, 2012, but the scheduling was delayed.[verification needed] Selected reruns have been aired during Cartoon Network's January 2013 revival of their Cartoon Planet variety show.
On March 30, 2013, Season 2 was released on digital distribution platforms.
The first appearance of The Problem Solverz characters Alfe, Roba and Horace, was in "Gone Cabin Carzy" [sic], an animated short that was included on Paper Rad's 2006 DVD Trash Talking (published by Load Records).
In 2008, several animated web shorts called "Problem Solvers" appeared on YouTube on Paper Rad's official channel. These shorts were released on DVD as a bonus to the periodical The Ganzfeld 7. While these episodes didn't contain the main characters, they did introduce the problem solving element of the show, and some main characters of this shorts made cameos on The Problem Solverz.
In 2010, a pilot episode for the series named Neon Knome was pitched as an adult-oriented animated series for Cartoon Network's late night programming block Adult Swim, and was featured among other videos online at Adult Swim & Burger King's "Big, Über, Network, Sampling"; it was produced by PFFR with Williams Street. In December 2010, Adult Swim announced that Neon Knome was being re-tooled as a regular Cartoon Network show.
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired||Season DVD release date|
|Season premiere||Season finale||Region 1||Region 2||Region 4|
|Short||June 13, 2006||June 13, 2006 (part of Trash Talking)||TBA|
|Pilot||August 7, 2010||TBA|
|1||18||April 4, 2011||September 29, 2011||TBA|
|2||8||March 30, 2013Netflix)(on||TBA|
- Alfe (voiced by Ben Jones) – Alfe is a large, fluffy, half man-dog-anteater creature who was found and raised by a young Horace (in the beginning of Neon Knome). He loves to devour large quantities of pizza and acts impulsively during missions. In one episode, he claimed he lived in a cage as a child. Like a cat, he coughs up furballs whenever he chews his fur. His name is pronounced "Alfé".
- Roba (voiced by Ben Jones) – Roba is the smartest member of them, being a half robot half human cyborg, who is incredibly insecure and anxious about everything. He is Horace's twin brother.
- Horace (voiced by Kyle Kaplan) – Horace is calm and collected member of the team, usually using common sense with his actions and taking care after Alfe, his companion. He is Roba's twin brother and the leader of the trio.
- Tux Dog (voiced by John DiMaggio) – Tux Dog is an extremely wealthy dog who helps the Problem Solverz in some of their cases, but is just as often the source of their problems. He insults Roba for his personality flaws and appearance. He speaks with a British accent.
- Ben Jones – Alfe, Roba
- Kyle Kaplan – Horace
- John DiMaggio – Tux Dog, Narrator
- Ben Jones – Balloon Professor, Professor Sugar Fish, Dimensional Jellyfish
- John DiMaggio – Teacher, The Mewmeoh, Flat Dog, Dimensional Jellyfish
- Chris Parnell – The Mayor, Eternitron
- George Takei – Mr. Konishi
- Bronson Pinchot – AI (Master Artificial Intelligence)
- Alia Shawkat – Laura
- Jill Talley – Nina, Alpha's Queen Alien
- Jaleel White – K–999
- Nika Futterman – Stratch
- Brian Tee – Captain, Granite, Mini Master
- Paul Scheer – Tony Marv, Fungsten
- Mark Hamill – Buddy Huxton, Badcat
- Grey DeLisle – Candace, Luka
- James Avery – Go–Seeki Ninja Master, Ninja Master's Dad Head
- Pamela Adlon – Mister Creamee, Sweetie Creamee, Danny, Danny's Mom
- Tom Kenny – Bionic Zombies, The Android-geist
- Jason Walden – Tommy (Clock Museum's Owner), JZ, The Glam Vampirez
- Kari Wahlgren – Katrina Rad
- Eric Bauza – Dork Face, Ale
- Rich Fulcher – Lidget
- Kevin Michael Richardson – Wendigo
- Horatio Sanz – Ralphe
- Matt Berry – Drill Sergeant
- Vanessa Marshall – Emily
- Michael Dorn – Yamir
- Tia Carrere – Tara
- "Gone Cabin Carzy (Vimeo.com)". Retrieved December 20, 2012.
- "The Ganzfeld 7". PictureBox accessdate=December 30, 2012.
- "Neon Knome TV pilot". Adult Swim. Retrieved September 14, 2010.
- "Neon Knome on CN". Williams Street. December 13, 2010.
- "PAPER RAD TRASH TALKING: Jacob Ciocci, Jessica Ciocci, Ben Jones". Amazon.com. Retrieved March 10, 2013.
- Official website
- The Problem Solverz at the Big Cartoon DataBase
- The Problem Solverz at TV.com
- The Problem Solverz at the Internet Movie Database