The Project Hate MCMXCIX
|The Project Hate MCMXCIX|
|Genres||Industrial death metal|
|Members||Lord K. Philipson, Jörgen Sandström, Ellinor Asp, Dirk Verbeuren|
|Past members||Mia Ståhl, Jonna Enckell, Michael Håkansson, Daniel Moilanen, Thomas Olsson, Ruby Roque, Tobben Gustafsson, Anders Bertilsson|
The Project Hate MCMXCIX was formed in 1998 by long-time friends Lord K Philipson (formerly of Leukemia, House of Usher, Lame) and Jörgen Sandström (previously of Entombed and Grave and now involved in Vicious Art and Krux as well). They recorded a three-song demo, produced by famous producer Dan Swanö and with backing vocals by Lars Göran Petrov. The demo was sent out to four labels and in 1999 they signed with the German label Massacre Records.
In 1998, the band started work on a Philipson-conceived project, Deadmarch: Initiation of Blasphemy, but the album initially never saw the light of day. It has now been mastered by Dan Swanö and was released on Vic Records 30 November 2009, with new album artwork and booklet. The earlier tapes were made available on the band's website in 2005.
By the end of 1999, The Project Hate recorded their debut album, Cybersonic Superchrist, which was released in 2000. During the recording, female singer Mia Ståhl joined the band. Although reviews were positive, the album was not a commercial success since it was not distributed widely.
The following year the band recorded their second album, When We Are Done, Your Flesh Will Be Ours, in the late Nasum frontman Mieszko Talarczyk's Soundlab Studios. It was released in 2001, but like the first album, was only with difficulty available in stores.
In 2002, Petter S. Freed of 2 Ton Predator joined as a live guitarist, and was soon added as a permanent member. Also, Mia Ståhl was fired and replaced with Jonna Enckell. Later that year, the band left Massacre Records and signed with Threeman Recordings. A live album was recorded in Helsinki, Finland, titled Killing Hellsinki, which was released in April 2003. Afterwards, the band went back to Soundlab Studios and Mieszko Talarczyk to record Hate, Dominate, Congregate, Eliminate.
In early 2005 the band began recording their fourth studio album, Armageddon March Eternal - Symphonies of Slit Wrists, with Dan Swanö. Michael Håkansson of Evergrey joined the band as a bassist during the recording, and later joined the band full-time. Armageddon March Eternal was released by Threeman Recordings in October 2005.
In 2006, the band left their record label and eventually signed with Peter Stormare's record label, StormVox. The band added drummer Mojjo Moilanen for their upcoming album, to have live drums for the first time since the band's creation. The fifth studio album, In Hora Mortis Nostræ, was released September 2007. Distribution deals were being sorted in the remainder of 2007 to get the album out as widely as possible.
In July 2009 the band released its sixth full length studio album The Lustrate Process on Vic Records.
2010 brought about a change within the band as Jo Enckell was relieved from her duties as vocalist, being replaced by Witchbreed's Ruby Roque. Bassist, Michael Håkansson was also announced as being no longer a part of the band following his absence from the band's previous album 'The Lustrate Process'. His duties on bass will now be performed by Lord K Philipson. A third member, drummer Thomas Ohlsson was replaced by Vomitory and Torture Division's Tobias 'Tobben' Gustafsson.
2014 brought another set of changes to The Project Hate. It was announced that Ruby Roque was relieved from duties, and Dirk Verbeuren would be taking up the drums for the coming album once again. The name of the new female singer who will do the vocals for it is Ellinor Asp.
- Lord K Philipson – guitar, bass, keyboards, programmings, serpents (1998–present)
- Jörgen Sandström – vocals (1998–present)
- Ellinor Asp – vocals (2014–present)
- Dirk Verbeuren - drums (2014-present)
- Mia Ståhl – vocals (1998–2002)
- Petter S. Freed – guitar (2002–2008)
- Anders Bertilsson – guitar (2009–2011)
- Daniel "Mojjo" Moilanen – drums (2006–2007)
- Jo Enckell - vocals (2002–2010)
- Michael Håkansson – bass (2005–2010)
- Thomas Ohlsson – drums (2009–2010)
- Ruby Roque – vocals (2010–2013)
- Tobben Gustafsson - drums (2010–2013)
- Deadmarch: Initiation of Blasphemy (recorded in 1999, released in 2009 by Vic Records, mastered by Dan Swanö)
- Cybersonic Superchrist (2000)
- When We Are Done, Your Flesh Will Be Ours (2001)
- Hate, Dominate, Congregate, Eliminate (2003)
- Armageddon March Eternal – Symphonies of Slit Wrists (2005)
- In Hora Mortis Nostræ (2007)
- The Lustrate Process (2009)
- Bleeding the New Apocalypse (Cum Victriciis In Manibus Armis) (2011)
- The Cadaverous Retaliation Agenda (2012)
- There Is No Earth I Will Leave Unscorched (2014)
- Killing Hellsinki (Live Album, 2003)
- The Innocence of the Three-Faced Saviour (web-single, 2007)
- True, Chris. "The Project Hate MCMXCIX biography". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- "The Project Hate MCMXCIX Announces Lineup Changes". Blabbermouth.net (Roadrunner Records). 6 January 2010. Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- "Re-constructing the Hate". 29 January 2014. Retrieved 29 January 2014.