The Railroad Man
|The Railroad Man|
|Directed by||Pietro Germi|
|Produced by||Carlo Ponti|
|Written by||Pietro Germi
Luisa Della Noce
|Music by||Carlo Rustichelli|
|Release dates||August 11, 1956
|Running time||118 minutes|
Train operator Andrea Marcocci has to witness the suicide of a desperate man who jumps in front of his train. Under the influence of this shock he starts making mistakes. A check up by a doctor reveals that he's at the brink of becoming an alcoholic. Due to this evaluation he is degraded and must accept a salary cut.
- Pietro Germi - Andrea Marcocci
- Luisa Della Noce - Sara Marcocci
- Sylva Koscina - Giulia Marcocci (as Silva)
- Saro Urzì - Gigi Liverani
- Carlo Giuffrè - Renato Borghi
- Renato Speziali - Marcello Marcocci
- Edoardo Nevola - Sandro Marcocci (as il piccolo Edoardo Nevola)
- 1956 Cannes Film Festival : OCIC Award - Special Mention 
- Nastro d'Argento : Best Director, Best Producer.
- San Sebastian Film Festival : Best Film, Best Director, Best Actress (Luisa Della Noce)
- "Festival de Cannes: The Railroad Man". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-02-02.
|This article related to an Italian film of the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 1950s drama film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|