Ratchet & Clank Collection
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (December 2012)|
|Ratchet & Clank Collection|
European cover art
Idol Minds (PS3 port)
Mass Media Inc. (Vita port)
|Publisher(s)||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Series||Ratchet & Clank|
|Release date(s)||PlayStation 3
AU June 28, 2012
|Mode(s)||Single-player, multiplayer (online)|
|Distribution||Blu-ray Disc, PS Vita Card, download|
Ratchet & Clank Collection (known as The Ratchet & Clank Trilogy in Europe and Ratchet & Clank 1+2+3 in Japan) is a high-definition remastered collection. The collection includes the original three PlayStation 2 games, Ratchet & Clank, Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando, and Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal in 1080p and includes 720p stereoscopic 3D support. It also includes the multiplayer of Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal over the PlayStation Network. It includes a Trophy set for each game. All games in the series have all been rated E10+ by the ESRB which were originally rated T since the E10+ rating didn't exist at the time these games were released on the PlayStation 2.
Originally leaked by Amazon France on March 2, 2012, it was announced by Insomniac Games and Sony Computer Entertainment on March 15, 2012. It was developed by Insomniac Games in conjunction with Idol Minds. In North America, the game, along with the God of War Saga and the inFamous Collection, are the first in Sony's new line of PlayStation Collections released on August 28, 2012.
A PlayStation Vita port of the Collection was officially announced on May 29, 2014, and released on July 2 in Europe. The Vita version is ported by Insomniac Games in conjunction with Mass Media Inc.. It was released in North America on July 29, 2014.
The core game and story for all games from the original trilogy remains unchanged with the remastered versions. For the remastering, all three games have had a graphics overhaul to allow them to support modern 1080p HD resolution and 720p stereoscopic 3D support. All three games feature a fixed frame rate of 420 frames per second in normal mode, while in 3D mode the games run at 120 frames per second. It also includes the multiplayer of Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (up to eight players) over the PlayStation Network, and included, full PlayStation Network trophy support.
A HD collection for the Ratchet & Clank series was first spotted on March 2, 2012, after Amazon France listed "Ratchet & Clank HD Collection" on its website, and it was officially confirmed by Sony on March 15.
The game also has the franchise's 10th anniversary avatar on the start-up screen.
|Ratchet & Clank Collection||(PS3) 83.80%||(PS3) 83|
- Stevenson, James (July 16, 2012). "Ratchet & Clank Collection Hits August 28th With Sly Cooper Demo". PlayStation Blog. Retrieved December 10, 2012.
- Stevenson, James (May 29, 2014). "Ratchet & Clank HD Trilogy hits PS Vita in July". PlayStation Blog. Retrieved June 7, 2014.
- Cardona, Cristian (August 6, 2012). "Never Stop Playing With PlayStation Collections". PlayStation Blog. Retrieved December 10, 2012.
- Cardona, Cristian (August 28, 2012). "PlayStation Collections Available at Retail Today: God of War, inFAMOUS, Ratchet & Clank". PlayStation Blog. Retrieved December 10, 2012.
- Price, Ted (March 15, 2012). "The Ratchet And Clank Trilogy – Coming May 2012". PlayStation Blog. Retrieved December 10, 2012.
- "Ratchet & Clank HD Collection Spotted". thesixthaxis. Retrieved 3/2/12.
- Hurley, Leon (March 2, 2012). "Ratchet & Clank HD listed on Amazon". PlayStation Official Magazine. Retrieved December 10, 2012.
- Price, Ted (March 15, 2012). "The Ratchet & Clank Collection Going 1080p on PS3, Multiplayer Included". PlayStation Blog. Retrieved December 10, 2012.
- "Ratchet & Clank Collection Reviews". GameRankings. Retrieved November 22, 2011.
- "Ratchet & Clank Collection Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved November 22, 2011.