The Reconstruction of William Zero
|The Reconstruction of William Zero|
|Directed by||Dan Bush|
|Produced by||Linda Burns
Alexander A. Motlagh
|Written by||Dan Bush
|Music by||Ben Lovett|
|Edited by||Dan Bush|
Floren Shieh Productions
The Reconstruction of William Zero is a 2014 American science fiction film directed by Dan Bush, written by Bush and Conal Byrne, and starring Byrne and Amy Seimetz. Byrne plays a geneticist who clones himself.
After the death of his son, a genetic engineer, William Blakely, decides to test his cloning research on himself.
- Conal Byrne as William Blakely, Edward, and William Zero
- Amy Seimetz as Jules
- Tim Habeger as Dr. Archer
- Adam Fristoe as Mr. Langley
- Scott Poythress as Lester
- Lake Roberts as Baxter
- Melissa McBride as Dr. Ashley Bronson
- Jeff Rose as Mr. Penn
Peter Debruge of Variety compared it to the work of H.G. Wells, who he said "would surely approve of this suburban mad-scientist tale". Kurt Halfyard of Twitch Film compared it to Another Earth and called it "more vexing than cathartic". Matt Boiselle of Dread Central rated it 2/5 stars and called it "sad and complex" but "hard to swallow and possibly even harder to digest."
- Jagernauth, Kevin (2014-07-14). "Fantasia Exclusive: Watch The Trailer For Sci-Fi Thriller 'Reconstruction Of William Zero' With Conal Byrne & Amy Seimetz". Indiewire. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- Debruge, Peter (2014-07-21). "Film Review: 'The Reconstruction of William Zero'". Variety. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- Halfyard, Kurt (2014-07-20). "Fantasia 2014 Review: THE RECONSTRUCTION OF WILLIAM ZERO Has An Identity Crisis". Twitch Film. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- Boiselle, Matt (2014-07-21). "Reconstruction of William Zero, The (2014)". Dread Central. Retrieved 2014-08-14.