From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from The Red Book)
|Look up red book in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Red Book, Redbooks, Little Red Book or Big Red Book may refer to:
Political or ideological pamphlets
- The Little Red Book, the name commonly known in the West for the pocket-size edition of Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-Tung
- The Little Red Schoolbook, published in Denmark in 1969
- Red Book (Liberal Party of Canada), the policy platform of the Liberal Party of Canada in the 1993 election
- Red Book (Albania), memorandum for the autonomy of Albania
Reference manuals, handbooks and standards
- The Little Red Book (Alcoholics Anonymous) to The Big Book (Alcoholics Anonymous)
- AAP Red Book, a reference on pediatric infectious diseases
- Red Book Compact Disc Digital Audio (CD-DA), an audio CD standard (IEC 908, IEC 60908) and the first member of the Rainbow Books Compact Disc format specification series
- IBM Redbooks, named for their red covers, are technical how-to books written by IBM professionals
- IUPAP Red Book: Handbook of Symbols, Units, Nomenclature and Fundamental Constants in Physics published/revised by the SUNAMCO Commission of the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics
- IUPAC Red Book: Nomenclature of Inorganic Chemistry
- Iowa Official Register, a biannual publication of Iowa government, politics, and history. Called the "Redbook" for its red covers.
- Personal Child Health Record, a child health record as used by the National Health Service of the United Kingdom, popularly known as the "Red Book."
- Red Book, alternate name for NTIA Manual of Regulations and Procedures for Federal Radio Frequency Management, a publication of the United States Office of Spectrum Management of the National Telecommunications and Information Administration or NTIA, the official source for all technical regulations relating to the use of the electromagnetic frequency spectrum
- Red Book, nickname for A Guide Book of United States Coins by R. S. Yeoman, an overview of and pricing guide for coins from the United States and the colonies before the U.S. was formed
- Red Book, a drug reference published by Thomson Reuters
- Red Book, a series of recommendations published by the CCITT (now ITU-T) in 1984. Among them was the first publication of the X.400 standard. Preceeded by the "Yellow book" and succeeded by the "Blue book". The covers of the publications were red.
- Red Book, a British computer networking protocol from the 1980s, one of the Coloured Book standards
- Red Book, term used by chemists to refer to the IUPAC nomenclature of inorganic chemistry 2005, Nomenclature of Inorganic Chemistry
- Red Book, nickname for the Statement of Fees and Allowances, adopted by the UK General medical services in 1990 and abolished in 2004
- Red Book, US guide to prescription medicines published by Thomson, including data such as Average Wholesale Price
- Red Book, otherwise known as Trusted Network Interpretation, part of the Rainbow Series of books from the National Computer Security Center
- Red Books, books illustrating the plans for landscape gardens by Humphry Repton
- Redbooks, another name for the firefighter training manuals published by the International Fire Service Training Association (IFSTA). Historically, these books have had red covers
- The Red Book, alternate name for the RICS Appraisal and Valuation Standards, the professional guidelines for real estate valuers in the United Kingdom
- The Red Book, alternate name for the 7th edition of the OpenGL Programming Guide
- The Red Book, alternate name for the 3rd edition of the PostScript Language Reference
- The Redbook: A Manual on Legal Style by Bryan A. Garner
- 'Red Book Credit Services', providing a comprehensive, continually updated database of the Fresh Produce Industry.
- "Risk Assessment in the Federal Government: Managing the Process" (1983) by the National Research Council, also known as "The Red Book".
- AAUP Policy Documents and Reports, also known as the Redbook, by the American Association of University Professors.
- Red Book (album), the eighth album released by Texas in 2005
- Red Book (CD standard), the technical standard for what constitutes a Compact Disc
- "My Little Red Book," a song by Burt Bacharach and Hal David
Lists of endangered entities
- Red Book of Endangered Species, international listing (since 1948)
- The Red Book of the Peoples of the Russian Empire (1991)
- Red Book of Endangered Languages, a comprehensive list of the world's languages currently facing extinction (2009)
- Red Book of the Exchequer, a 13th-century manuscript
- Red Book of Hergest, a medieval Welsh manuscript
- Red Book (Jung), manuscript of Carl Gustav Jung
- Redbook, a women's magazine
- Red Book of Westmarch, a fictional manuscript written by Hobbits, a conceit of author J. R. R. Tolkien to explain the source of his stories
- Monty Python's Big Red Book, a humour book first published in 1971
- The Red Book (film), 1994 experimental film
- The Red Book (C&S), nickname for the 1st edition of the Chivalry & Sorcery role-playing game
- Red Book of Varieties and Schemes a series of lecture notes by mathematician David Mumford on the theory of schemes
- Red Book, 1800-1833 assembled ship's register of Lloyd's Register
- My Red Book also called SF Red Book (originally from San Francisco), one of the oldest adult web sites featuring prostitution-related reviews, classified advertising, and discussion forums.
- Green Book (disambiguation)
- White book (disambiguation)
- Black book (disambiguation)
- Blue book (disambiguation)
- Orange Book (disambiguation)
- Yellow Book (disambiguation)
- Pink Book
- Plum Book
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.