The Reign of Kindo
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009)|
|The Reign of Kindo|
|Origin||Buffalo, New York, United States|
|Genres||Jazz rock, progressive rock, piano rock, indie rock|
Danny Pizarro, Jr.
|Past members||Kelly Sciandra|
On August 21, 2007, the band released their first record, an EP entitled simply "The Reign of Kindo EP". The EP was a regional sales success, reaching No. 5 on the Billboard Middle Atlantic Heatseekers chart. In January 2008, they began recording for their first full-length record, entitled "Rhythm, Chord & Melody" and released through 111 Records on August 19, 2008.
In June 2009 The Reign of Kindo and 111 Records parted ways on very good terms. The group then signed with Candyrat Records.
On December 30, 2009, Candyrat put out the first YouTube video of The Reign of Kindo performing the song "Just Wait." It became an immediate hit as within the first 24-hour period it was one of the most highly rated and commented videos among YouTube's music category of videos.
In May 2010, lead singer Joe Secchiaroli moved to New York City; he commutes to Buffalo for band rehearsals and other matters. In 2009 and 2010, Secchiaroli produced albums for several other artists.
On June 7, 2010 Kelly Sciandra, piano player for the band, announced via Myspace that he would be departing from the band to pursue other musical opportunities in Boston, Massachusetts. The album "This Is What Happens" was his last album with the band. Danny Pizarro Jr. has replaced Sciandra as the band's pianist.
On July 30th, 2013, The band released their 4th album titled "Play with Fire". Shortly after, they went on a nationwide tour, supported by Matthew Santos, initially with replacement guitarist John Baab (filling in for Mike Carroll), and with live musicians Geraldo Castillo on percussion) and Darren Escar on Saxophone. Kelly Sciandra joined as guest occasionally.
According to the band's Facebook page, the members describe themselves simply as, "makers of music". Their style is altogether jazzier than most bands in the genre, "mixing complex jazz harmonies and dissonances" with a Pop music influence. According to the band's recording studio videos, posted on YouTube by rpoland, they incorporate several other instruments in some of their songs, such as the Cello, the Tenor Saxophone, and many forms of auxiliary percussion. Examples of songs with these instruments include "Bullets in The Air", "Hold Out", and "City Lights and Traffic Sounds".
- Joseph Secchiaroli - vocals, guitar (2006-present)
- Steven Padin - drums, vocals (2006-present)
- Danny Pizarro - piano (2010-present)
- Michael Carroll - guitar, percussion (2006-present)
- Jeffrey Jarvis - bass, vocals (2006-present)
- Kelly Sciandra - piano, trumpet (2006-2010)
- The Reign of Kindo EP (One Eleven, 2007)
- Rhythm, Chord & Melody (One Eleven, 2008)
- This Is What Happens (CANdYRAT, 2010)
- This Is Also What Happens (CANdYRAT, 2010)
- Christmas EP (2010)
- Play With Fire (CANdYRAT, 2013)
- PLAY (CANdYRAT, 2014)
- Review, Emotionalpunk.com
- Review, IndieUpdate.com
- Review, MusicEmissions.com
- Review, Pop Matters
- Review, Alternative Press, November 11, 2008.
- Reign of Kindo Myspace blog, http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=2633434&blogId=535490540