The Relation of Face, Mind and Love
|The Relation of Face, Mind and Love|
|Revised Romanization||Nae Nune Kkongkkakji|
|McCune–Reischauer||Nae Nune K‘ongkkakji|
|Directed by||Lee Jang-soo|
|Produced by||Shin Hyun-tae
|Written by||Shizuka Oishi|
|Distributed by||CJ Entertainment|
|Running time||107 minutes|
The Relation of Face, Mind and Love (Hangul: 내눈에 콩깍지; RR: Nae Nune Kkongkkakji) is a 2009 South Korean-Japanese film starring Kang Ji-hwan and Lee Ji-ah. The romantic comedy film ponders the classic question of how much looks matter when it comes to love, when a good-looking architect finds the perfect woman, except for the fact that she is not very pretty.
It was part of the "Telecinema7" project, seven feature-length mini-dramas which were collaborations between South Korean TV directors and Japanese TV screenwriters; the seven Korea-Japan joint productions both received a limited theater release and were broadcast on television. The Relation of Face, Mind and Love was first released in Korea in CGV theaters on November 5, 2009, and later aired on SBS (South Korea) on April 4, 2010, and TV Asahi (Japan) in 2010.
Alternate titles are My Love, Ugly Duckling and Oh My Venus.
Kang Tae-poong is a handsome and successful architect who constantly emphasizes the importance of substance over style in architecture, but has yet to apply this philosophy when it comes to love. Until one day, after a minor car accident, he suddenly suffers from a "temporary visual impairment" that makes beauties appear ugly and vice versa. When an inebriated and hot-tempered Wang So-jung passes out in front of Tae-poong's office building, he sees her as the beautiful resurrection of his dead fiancee and falls head over heels. Ugly duckling So-jung is completely baffled when Tae-poong keeps calling her his "goddess," but she soon makes him fall in love with her for her true charms, like how she is humble and unafraid to be goofy. Tae-poong's eye problem is fixed, however, by the time So-jung returns from a business trip a few days later, and when they meet again, he fails to recognize her.
- Kang Ji-hwan - Kang Tae-poong
- Lee Ji-ah - Wang So-jung
- Lee Dong-hoon - Eun-soo, doctor
- Hwang Jung-eum - Eun-bin
- Jeon Soo-kyung - Editor
- Hwang Bo-ra - Tae-young
- Kang Chan-yang - Lee Ha-na, Eun-soo's wife
- Park No-shik - taxi driver
- Yoon Mi-kyung - blind date woman 1
- Son Ga-young - aircrew
- Sung Joon - younger doctor
- "The Relation of Face, Mind and Love". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2013-06-14.
- Lee, Hyo-won (5 November 2005). "Relation Trips Over Own Subject Matter". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2013-06-14.
- Lee, Ji-hye (5 November 2009). "REVIEW: Film My Love, Ugly Duckling - Love is like a car accident". 10Asia. Retrieved 2013-06-14.
- Wee, Geun-woo (23 December 2009). "Kang Ji-hwan's Movie Picks". 10Asia. Retrieved 2013-06-14.