The Return of the Shaggy Dog
|The Return of the Shaggy Dog|
|Written by||Paul Haggis
|Directed by||Stuart Gillard|
|Country of origin||US|
Markus S. McLean
|Running time||100 min.|
Set in the 17 years between the events portrayed in The Shaggy Dog and The Shaggy D.A., the film follows the adventures of Wilby Daniels, now a successful lawyer, who has proposed marriage to his girlfriend Betty. However, an aged Professor Plumcutt dies and his last words are that his infamous enchanted Borgia ring that transforms people into Old English Sheepdogs is to be inherited by Wilby, which again sets another sheepdog transformation in progress when the professors' evil, bumbling caretakers seek it for themselves. Wilby's younger brother "Moochie", now a full-grown man, comes to Wilby's aid when the curse reactivates, and Wilby agrees to help him in exchange by getting cast as the perfect dog for a dog food commercial, as Moochie is a struggling casting director. Together, Wilby and Moochie must once again break the Borgia curse before Wilby's wedding to Betty, but this time by Wilby carrying out Professor Plumcutt's last wish to take ownership of the cursed ring and thus put an end to dog transformations.
- This third feature marks the end of the original story with Wilby Daniels as the son of Wilson and Freeda Daniels.
- It was featured on the Wonderful World of Disney, being preceded by the 1959 film The Shaggy Dog. In keeping with the tradition that Walt Disney introduced films, Return of the Shaggy Dog was introduced by Disney CEO Michael Eisner, who attempts to invoke the transformation on Wilby, but when Eisner states the words, he has passed on the curse from Wilby to himself.
- Gary Kroeger as Wilby Daniels
- Todd Waring as Montgomery "Moochie" Daniels
- Michele Little as Betty
- Cindy Morgan as Laura Wells
- Jane Carr as Myra
- Gavin Reed as Carl
- The Return of the Shaggy Dog at the Internet Movie Database
- The Return of the Shaggy Dog at AllMovie
|This article related to an American TV movie is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|