Rocco Forte Hotels
|Type||Public Limited Company|
|Founded||1996 in London, England, UK|
|Founder(s)||Sir Rocco Forte|
|Headquarters||London, England, UK|
|Key people||Sir Rocco Forte,
Chief Executive Officer
Director of Design
|Services||Management of Hotels|
Rocco Forte Hotels is a family of 11 hotels and resorts across Europe.
As brand of Rocco Forte & Family PLC, the company owns and part-owns (a joint venture with Uberior Investments, a subsidiary of Bank of Scotland) luxury five-star hotels. All hotels are members of The Leading Hotels of the World.
The London based company is owned by Sir Rocco Forte, son of the late hotel magnate Charles Forte. Because Sir Rocco Forte lost the rights to the Forte name in 1996, the company was originally called RF Hotels, changing to Rocco Forte Hotels in 2003 and The Rocco Forte Collection on 29 July 2007. The company's sales offices are located in London, Rome, Frankfurt, Moscow, Madrid, New York City and Los Angeles.
List of hotels
- Brown's Hotel in London - part-owned
- Hotel Amigo in Brussels - part-owned
- Hotel Astoria in St. Petersburg - owned
- Hotel de Rome in Berlin - owned
- Hotel de Russie in Rome - owned
- Hotel Savoy in Florence - owned
- The Lowry Hotel in Manchester - owned
- The Balmoral in Edinburgh - owned
- The Charles Hotel in Munich - part-owned
- Verdura Golf & Spa Resort in Sicily
- Villa Kennedy in Frankfurt - part-owned
Angleterre Hotel in St. Petersburg, Russia, is also owned by Rocco Forte & Family PLC but is not part of The Rocco Forte Collection. Hotel Endsleigh in the Tamar Valley, United Kingdom and Hotel Tresanton in St. Mawes, United Kingdom, are privately owned by Sir Rocco Forte's sister and Design Director of The Rocco Forte Collection Olga Polizzi. Chateau de Bagnols in Beaujolais, France, has been sold in 2007 to Von Essen Hotels, St David's Hotel & Spa in Cardiff to The Principal Hayley Collection. In 2013, management of The Augustine Hotel in Prague reverted to the owner, Waldeck Capital. Rocco Forte's hotel in Abu Dhabi also changed management in 2013, initially to become the independent Al Maqta Hotel but later the Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi.
- Assoufid Golf & Spa Resort in Marrakesh (Opening 2014)
- TBA in Jeddah, Saudi-Arabia (opening 2014)
- TBA in Cairo, Egypt (opening 2014)