The Roof Is on Fire
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (June 2013)|
|"The Roof Is on Fire"|
|Single by Rock Master Scott & the Dynamic Three|
"The Roof Is on Fire" is a single from Rock Master Scott & the Dynamic Three released in 1984 that reached number five on the Billboard Hot Dance Music/Maxi-Singles Sales chart. It is remembered for its chorus:
The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire!
We don't need no water—Let the motherfucker burn!
Burn, motherfucker, burn!
||Lists of miscellaneous information should be avoided. (December 2014)|
- Coal Chamber covers the chorus in the song "Sway".
- Bizzy Bone uses the first line of the chorus in his version of the song by the same name.
- Bratmobile uses the chorus in the song "Polaroid Baby" on the 1992 album Pottymouth.
- Rancid uses the lyrics in their song "Burn" on the 1994 album Let's Go.
- The Bloodhound Gang uses the chorus in "Fire Water Burn."
- Yacht uses a variation of the chorus in the song "Dystopia."
- The Chemical Brothers sample the first line repeatedly in their hit "Hey Boy Hey Girl."
- Buck-O-Nine also uses the chorus in "I Don't Wanna Be No (J.B.J.)."
- Chonk also uses the chorus in "Distortion," featured on the Dr. Demento Show on the short-lived web series The Real UHF.
- The Prodigy uses a variation of the chorus in the song "Worlds On Fire".
- The Pharcyde uses a variation in "Return of the B-Boy", replacing "the roof" with "West Coast".
- The Dualistic Nature "Medusa, Madonna, medulla oblongata we don't need no water let the mf'r burn."
- Nocando covers the chorus in the remix of the song "Time won't tell".
- Lil Jon uses a variation of the chorus in the song "Floor on Fire" featuring Pitbull and Machel Montano.
- Flo Rida uses the chorus in "Let It Burn" featuring Brianna Perry.
- The Soca Boys uses it in "Follow The Leader"
- MC Serch uses a variation of the chorus in the track "Here it comes."
- Jeru the Damaja uses a part of the chorus in the track "Tha Frustrated Nigga" on the album Wrath of the Math.
- Tha Eastsidaz uses a part of the chorus in the track "Take It Back To '85" on the album Snoop Dogg Presents Tha Eastsidaz.
- Aberdeen_F.C. modified the lyrics to say "The sheep are on fire" in response to the team's improved form in the 2013-2014 season.
- J.B.O. The German "Fun-Rock" Band have a cover version of this song, it is called "Der Ruf ist im Eimer", ok the lyrics are different. 2010 "Der Ruf ist im Eimer" on the Album "Arschloch und Spaß dabei".
- William Elliott Whitmore used a slightly modified version of the wording of the chorus in the song Mutiny from the Album Animals In The Dark. He doesn't sing "The roof is on fire" and changed "we don't need no water" into "he don't need no water".
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart featured a skit that interviewed black Mormons, who were torn between voting for Barack Obama and Mitt Romney, which used the chorus as a litmus test to determine whether a voter was more black or more Mormon.