The Rough House
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Rough House|
Poster to The Rough House
|Cinematography||Frank D. Williams|
|Edited by||Herbert Warren|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
- Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle as Mr Rough
- Buster Keaton as Gardener / Delivery Boy / Cop
- Al St. John as Cook
- Alice Lake as Mrs Rough
- Agnes Neilson as Mother-in-Law
- Glen Cavender
- Josephine Stevens
Like many American films of the time, The Rough House was subject to cuts by city and state film censorship boards. The Chicago Board of Censors cut the scene showing the theft of beads from the film.
- Knopf, Robert (2 August 1999). The theater and cinema of Buster Keaton. Princeton University Press. p. 179. ISBN 978-0-691-00442-6.
- Bennett, Carl (ed.). "Progressive Silent Film List: The Rough House". Silent Era. Retrieved 2008-02-26.
- "Official Cut-Outs by the Chicago Board of Censors". Exhibitors Herald 5 (7): 33. 11 August 1917. Retrieved 2015-03-16.
- The Rough House at the Internet Movie Database
- The short film The Rough House is available for free download at the Internet Archive
- The Rough House on YouTube
|This 1910s short comedy film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|