The Sainte Catherines
|The Sainte Catherines|
|Origin||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Genres||punk, hardcore punk|
|Labels||Dare to Care, Fat Wreck Chords, New Romance for Kids|
|Associated acts||Yesterday's Ring, Dig It Up, Inepsy, Miracles, The Hunters|
The Sainte Catherines are a six-piece punk-rock band who formed in Montreal, Quebec, Canada in 1999. The group's name comes from Rue Sainte-Catherine, one of Montreal's main streets. Their third record, The Art of Arrogance was released on local label Dare to Care Records in 2003 and on the German label Yo-Yo Records. In 2006, the band released its fourth LP, titled Dancing for Decadence. The album was released in the USA by Fat Wreck Chords. The Sainte Catherines are the first band from Quebec to be signed to Fat Wreck. In August 2006, The Sainte Catherines played their 500th show. They also released split 7" records with Fifth Hour Hero and Whiskey Sunday. In 2008, The Sainte Catherines won a GAMIQ Award for punk album of the year.
They disbanded in April 2012 after their farewell tour with The Hunters. The latter are managed by Hugo Mudie and their second album was produced by him and Marc-André Beaudet. The last show took place at Club Soda in Montréal on April 27.
Several members of the band also play in a side-project, country-folk band; Yesterday's Ring. Yesterday's Ring doesn't have any plans for the future. Their last shows were on September 24–25-26 2010.
Hugo Mudie & Fred Jacques play shows as a duet since June 2011. Their first release "Miracles" is due summer of 2012.
They released Fire Works on Anchorless records (USA), Union Label Group (Canada) and Guerilla Asso (France) on October 26, 2010.
Hugo Mudie - vocals
Fred Jacques - guitar
Louis Valiquette - guitar
Marc-André Beaudet - guitar
Pablo - Bass
Rich - Drums
- 1999: Those Stars Are For You (Yoyo Records)
- 2002: The Machine Gets Under Way (Eyeball Records)
- 2003: The Art of Arrogance (Dare To Care)
- 2006: Dancing for Decadence (Fat Wreck Chords)
- 2007: The Soda Machine (cd+DVD) (Indica Records)
- 2009: Pourrito (split 7") (New Romance for Kids)
- 2010: Fire Works (Anchorless Records/Union)
- Razorcake - review
- Vue Weekly - Interview
- Punknews - review of Art of Arrogance
- Punknews - Review of Dancing for Decadence
- .Montreal Mirror - Interview
- Exlaim! The Sainte Catherines Represent
- Montreal Gazette - GAMIQ Awards
- "Venez dire au revoir, come say goodbye". The Sainte Catherines. Retrieved 2012-11-27.
- Pastepunk - review of Yesterday's Ring