The School of Archaeology, Classics and Egyptology
|University of Liverpool The School of Archaeology, Classics and Egyptology|
|Type||Public Scholarly school|
|Location||Liverpool, England, UK|
|Affiliations||University of Liverpool|
The University of Liverpool School of Archaeology, Classics and Egyptology (also known as the SACE) is an internationally recognised centre for research in Archaeology, Classics and Egyptology with 40 members of staff and over 400 students.
- 1 History
- 2 Facilities
- 2.1 The Garstang Museum of Archaeology
- 2.2 Centre for Manx Studies
- 2.3 Stable isotope laboratory
- 2.4 Lithics laboratory
- 2.5 Finds processing & sample preparation laboratory
- 2.6 Trace element chemistry laboratory
- 2.7 Conservation laboratory
- 2.8 Geomagnetism laboratory
- 2.9 Archaeology library
- 2.10 Postgraduate Student Computing Facilities
- 3 Society of Archaeology, Classics and Egyptology
- 4 Organisation
- 5 Awards
- 6 Notable alumni
- 7 References
- 8 External links
The trend towards increased specialisation and the subsequent expansion in clinical training has led to the development of Liverpool's three main ** :
The Garstang Museum of Archaeology
This building is located in Abercrombie Square.
Centre for Manx Studies
Stable isotope laboratory
Finds processing & sample preparation laboratory
Trace element chemistry laboratory
Postgraduate Student Computing Facilities
Society of Archaeology, Classics and Egyptology
As of 2011, the Society of Archaeology, Classics and Egyptology Society (SACE) is the official student society of the department of Archaeology, Classics and Egyptology. They organise many social, extra-curricular and charitable events throughout the year.
Liverpool offers a range of masters degrees that cover hominid evolution, European prehistory, the archaeology and writing of the ancient Near East and Egypt, the history and archaeology of Greece and Rome, Greek and Latin languages and archaeological sciences and theory. Masters degrees by title: Ancient History MA, Archaeology MA, Archaeology MSc Palaeo-anthropology MSc, Classics MA, Egyptology MA, Manx Studies MA and Eighteenth-Century Worlds MA.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2007)|
- Albright, William Foxwell. "John Garstang in Memoriam", Bulletin of the American Schools of Oriental Research, No. 144. (Dec., 1956), pp. 7–8.
- History of the University". University of Liverpool. 27 March 2007. http://www.liv.ac.uk/about/history/. Retrieved 10 September 2007.