The Scots PGC College
|The Scots PGC College|
Always Aiming Higher
|Warwick, Queensland, Australia|
|Type||Independent, Co-educational, Day & Boarding|
|Chairman||Robert M. Wild|
|Colour(s)||Red, Green and White
|Slogan||"Space to Learn"|
Located on two campuses, the College is currently divided into three age-based 'Learning Precincts' - a Junior School, a Middle School and a Senior School. In 2008, a new Performing Arts Centre was opened to cater specifically for Drama and Music.
The Presbyterian Girls' College and The Scots College were established as boarding schools for girls and boys in 1918 and 1919 respectively, by Messrs. B. T. DeConlay, R. J. Shilliday, and W. R. Black, to serve the needs of the large Scottish population in the area and provide a solid Presbyterian education.
1995 saw the College Council move to adopt a new school badge designed by Neil Bonnell (Principal from 1985 to 1994), and a new school motto, "Always Aiming Higher". Prior to this the badges and mottos of both the original schools were used. The mottos were "Semper Petens Alta" ("Always Aiming Higher") for the boys, and "E Labore Dulcedo" ("Sweetness Out of Labour") for the girls.
The boy boarders are divided into three boarding houses
- Cunningham House (Currently consists of only Morris Wing, as Finlay Wing was destroyed during a fire in 2009)
- DeConlay House
- School House
- Cameron - Red
- Leslie - Purple
- Macinnes - Yellow
- Mackay - Green
Sporting competitions within the College are conducted in inter-clan (inter-house) format, in the three core sports of swimming, cross-country running and athletics. The inter-clan competition is also conducted in the majority of team sports played at the College.
In line with its Scottish heritage, the College has a pipe band and annual Highland Gathering.
Students may join the Pipe Band from the age of 9, with lessons available for interested students from year 3 onwards. The bands compete at various Highland Gatherings in the South-East corner of Queensland, as well as at State and National Championships.
- Kenneth Henry Campbell - Chairman of Ken Campbell and Associates Pty Limited, Brisbane; Former Asia/Pacific Governor of the International Federation of Advertising Agencies, Managing Director of the Australian Advertising Agency Pty Ltd
- Australian Boarding Staff Association Inc.- The Scots PGC College (accessed:26-06-2007)
- JSHAA Queensland- Member Directory (accessed:26-06-2007)
- The Scots PGC College- Sports and Fixtures (accessed:26-06-2007)
- The Scots PGC College- History (accessed:26-06-2007)
- The Scots PGC College- Pipe Band (accessed:26-06-2007)
- Suzannah Pearce, ed. (2006-11-17). "CAMPBELL Kenneth Henry". Who's Who in Australia Live!. North Melbourne, Vic: Crown Content Pty Ltd.