|Associated acts||Gandalf, Suburban Tribe, Warmen|
|Past members||Pekka Hämäläinen
The Scourger is a thrash metal band from Helsinki, Finland that formed in 2003. All three of the band's singles have landed on the national Finnish charts: "Hatehead", which debuted at No. 1 in July 2005; "Maximum Intensity", which landed at No. 3 a year later and climbed to No. 2 the following week; and "Never Bury the Hatchet", which entered the charts at No. 9 in July 2007. The first two singles are found on the band's 2006 debut album, Blind Date with Violence, while the third single is on the 2008 follow-up, Dark Invitation to Armageddon. On May 14, 2009, the band announced that it was splitting; vocalist Jari Hurskainen retained The Scourger name, while drummer Seppo Tarvainen, bassist Kimmo Kammonen, and guitarists Jani Luttinen and Antti Wirman will form a new band which has not yet been officially announced. The reason for the split was not given. Hurskainen announced the addition of three new members the following year: Jani Hentilä and Tero Kemppainen on guitars and Jape Nummenpää on bass.
- Jari Hurskainen – vocals
- Jani Hentilä – guitars
- Tero Kemppainen – guitars
- Jape Nummenpää - bass
- Pekka Hämäläinen – guitars
- Timo Nyberg – guitars
- Harri Hytönen – guitars
- Seppo Tarvainen – drums
- Jani Luttinen – guitars
- Antti Wirman – guitars
- Kimmo Kammonen – bass
- Alec Hirst-Gee – bass
- Kirka Sainio – bass
- To the Slayground (2005)
- "The Scourger biography". MusicMight. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- "The Scourger: 'Never Bury the Hatchet' Single Enters Finnish Chart at No. 9". Blabbermouth.net. 2007-07-09. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- "The Scourger: 'Blind Date with Violence' Re-Release Track Listing Revealed". Blabbermouth.net. 2006-08-28. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- "The Scourger Divided". Blabbermouth.net. 2009-05-18. Retrieved 2009-05-18.
- "The Scourger Announces New Members". Blabbermouth.net. 2010-10-07. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
- "The Scourger Adds New Guitaris". Blabbermouth.net. 2010-11-04. Retrieved 2010-11-04.
|This article on a heavy metal musician or group is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|