||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (September 2011)|
|Labels||Independent, Albert Records|
Seabellies are an Australian alternative rock band based in Sydney and Newcastle, New South Wales. Their live show is known for their variety of instrumentsation featuring electronica, strings, metallophone, melodica, horns and multi-percussive layering.
Wave Your Fingers To Make The Winters
In March 2007 Seabellies self-released a 6-track EP, Wave Your Fingers to Make the Winters. That year they won the Garage to V Competition, and appeared on the main stage at the Sydney and Gold Coast V Festival amongst other festivals. They were featured as a 2007 Next Crop Artist on Triple J, and won the 1233 ABC Newcastle Music Awards 2007 ABC Music Artist of the Year Award and in the Alternative Category for their song Drain the Lake.
In March 2008 the group signed to ABC/Warner and then ABC/Universal to distribute a run of digital singles. The singles Heart Heart Heart Out resulted in multiple tours of Australia's east coast, including headlining shows and supports with múm.
The band played at the CMJ Music Marathon in New York in October 2008. While in the United States the band played shows in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Hollywood, including the Viper Room. QRO Magazine labelled Seabellies as 'Best New Band' that 'Will Break' 
By Limbo Lake
The group recorded their debut LP By Limbo Lake in May & June 2009 with Wayne Connolly at Albert Studios in Neutral Bay. Singles from the album are Orange X, Young Cubs, Trans Ending and Board The Apartment Up. The group signed with Albert Music & released the album August 2010.
Fever Belle was recorded with producer/musician Berkfinger (from Philadelphia Grand Jury) in Sydney and Berlin in 2012 and released on 18 October 2013 with a tour of Australia announced in conjunction with the album release. Early reviews have been positive and received Indie album of the Week by Brag Magazine. Paper Tiger and It's Alright have both been released as singles and supported by east coast tours of Australia.
- 2008: "Heart Heart Heart Out"
- 2008: "Prairie"
- 2008: "Feel It Leave"
- 2009: "Orange X"
- 2010: "Young Cubs"
- 2010: "Trans Ending"
- 2011: "Board the Apartment Up"
- 2012: "Paper Tiger"
- 2013: "It's Alright"
- 2014: "Berlin Horses"
- 2007: Wave Your Fingers to Make the Winters
- 2010: By Limbo Lake
- 2013: Fever Belle
- Eddie Garven - Bass, Backing vocals
- Kyle Grenell - Guitar, Percussion
- Trent Grenell - Vocals, Guitar, Keys, Percussion
- Sean Kelleher - Drums, Percussion, horns
- Antony Martin - Keys, Guitar, horns
- Steph Setz - Keys, Metalophone, Saxophone
- 'Garage To V Competition, 2007' http://www.accessallareas.net.au/data/The_Seabellies_win_Garage_to_V.php
- 'Triple J Next Crop Artist' http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/events/ausmusicmonth_07/next_crop/seabellies.htm
- 'Seabellies named artist of the year - ABC Newcastle NSW' http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2007/10/19/2064252.htm
- 'Faster Louder Tour Dates' http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/search?q=seabellies&num=20&page=4
- 'CMJ Metromix New York' http://newyork.metromix.com/music/essay_photo_gallery/cmj-2008-day-4/715781/content
- QRO Magazine' http://www.qromag.com/features/features/cmj_2008_recap/
- 'Seabellies blog' http://seabellies.com
- 'Seabellies website' http://seabellies.com/post/30722036559/kreuzberg-mixes