The Second Time Around (film)
|The Second Time Around|
|Directed by||Vincent Sherman|
|Produced by||Jack Cummings|
|Written by||Richard Emery Roberts (novel)
Clair Huffaker (as Cecil Dan Hensen)
|Music by||Gerald Fried|
|Cinematography||Ellis W. Carter|
|Distributed by||Twentieth Century-Fox|
|Release dates||December 22, 1961|
|Running time||99 minutes|
The Second Time Around is a 1961 Western comedy film starring Debbie Reynolds as a widow who relocates her family from 1911 New York to the Arizona Territory. It is based on the novel Star in the West by Richard Emery Roberts.
Lu Rogers, recently widowed, leaves her children in New York with her mother-in-law in 1911 and travels west to take a job she's been offered. Upon arriving in Arizona, the job falls through, so farmer Aggie Gates tries her out as a hired hand.
The resourceful Lu succeeds at work and catches the eye of two potential suitors, Dan Jones, a saloon owner, and Pat Collins, a rancher. A crooked sheriff is exposed by Lu, who is shocked by being offered his job. The humiliated sheriff pulls a holdup and kidnaps her.
A posse is formed and comes to Lu's rescue. She receives reward money and uses it to send for her kids. Dan wins her hand, while Pat accepts her badge.
- Debbie Reynolds as Lucretia Rogers
- Steve Forrest as Dan Jones
- Andy Griffith as Pat Collins
- Juliet Prowse as Rena Mitchell
- Thelma Ritter as Aggie Gates
- Ken Scott as Sheriff Burns
- Isobel Elsom as Mrs. Rogers
- Rodolfo Acosta as Rodriguez (as Rudolph Acosta)
- Timothy Carey as Bonner
- Tom Greenway as Deputy Shack
- Eleanor Audley as Mrs. Trask
- Marie Blake as Mrs. Vera Collins (as Blossom Rock)
- The Second Time Around at the Internet Movie Database
- The Second Time Around at the TCM Movie Database
- The Second Time Around at allmovie
|This article about a romantic comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|