The Sentinel (module)
|Rules required||1st Ed AD&D|
|Character levels||2 - 5|
Plot summary 
In The Sentinel, the adventurers rid a village of a marauding skulk, which leads them into a quest to find a magical gauntlet. The module details the village, and a xvart lair. The player characters move among a series of linked encounter areas as they seek clues to the history of Kusnir and the ill fortune that has befallen it.
Publication history 
The 32-page book with an outer folder bears the code UK2 and was published by TSR, Inc. in 1983 for the first edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons rules. The adventure was written by Graeme Morris, and is the first of two modules in the "Adlerweg" series and was followed by UK3 - The Gauntlet.
Receiving 8 out of 10 overall, the module received a fairly positive review from Graham Staplehurst in issue 60 of White Dwarf magazine. Staplehurst criticised the module's cover art as "feeble", but felt that The Sentinel and The Gauntlet are "well thought out enough and certainly provide several sessions' worth of intriguing play for experienced and novice players alike." Morris felt that The Sentinel was "very well presented, with excellently laid-out maps, information sheets for players to be given at various stages and a rosters of all the monsters for the DM."
- Morris, Graeme (1983). The Sentinel. Adlerweg. World of Greyhawk: TSR, Inc. p. 32. ISBN 0-88038-074-8. 9101.
- Schick, Lawrence (1991). Heroic Worlds: A History and Guide to Role-Playing Games. Prometheus Books. p. 116. ISBN 0-87975-653-5.
- Staplehurst, Graham (December 1984). "Open Box: Dungeon Modules". White Dwarf (review ) (Games Workshop) (60): 13. ISSN 0265-8712.
- The Sentinel at the TSR Archive
- The Sentinel at the Pen & Paper RPG Database
- United Kingdom Series at the Acaeum.com
|This Dungeons & Dragons article related to Greyhawk is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|