The Shannon Burke Show
- Shannon Burke (2003–2004) Mornings for WFLF-AM 540
- Shannon Burke (May 2004 - April 2009) - host of the mid-day show
- Shannon Burke (2012-current)- host of the Shannon Burke Show
Termination from Clear Channel Communications
"Shannon has been terminated," Clear Channel Programming Director Chris Kampmeier was quoted as saying on May 4, 2009.. Kampmeier said company policy prohibited him from going into more detail. He said the temporary plans for Real Radio 104.1's midday show are for it to continue on with Soul Brother Kevin and the rest of the crew. The station, WTKS, has not yet made plans for the show's long-term.
Since Shannon's termination, Real Radio's Bucket Head Show has been moved from evenings to midday. Soul Brother Kevin and crew have moved to the 7 p.m. slot with SBK Live.
After Clear Channel
Burke would later helm the 12pm - 3pm airshift at WEUS 810AM in Orlando, and then move into the afternoon drive slot following Ed Tyll. Burke left the station in 2011 to join the internet radio station www.RadioIO.com Live from 11:30 A.M. -2 P.M. Mon. - Thurs
Update: Currently Shannon Burke (Eddie Burke) is a cast member on "The Bubba the Love Sponge" Show airing on 102.5 The Bone (Cox Media in Tampa, Florida) from 6am - 10am as well as the syndicated airwaves carrying ."Bubba the Love Sponge" show.
The radio show was a mix of current events, comedy, and politics. Discussions involve the serious to the total bizarre. Guests include comedians visiting the local Improv comedy club, local celebrities, and sometimes national celebrities.
- Cabinboy's Wench of The Week
- Sing Bitch (The Original)
- The Shot Doctor
- Curtis Earth TriviaEarthTrivia
- Trivia Three Ways
- Detective Barb - Crimeline
- Mitch English (of The Daily Buzz)
- Ty Elwin
- Film Boy's Movie Review (with Jimmy-D)
- Positive Reinforcement Chopper Man
- 30 Seconds of Head (show review by Misterhead)
- Fox 35 5:00 News anchor Amy Kaufeldt,(www.myfoxorlando.com)
- Are You Smarter Than a WingHouse girl (Thursdays)
- Realradioinfoguy's Who Am I (Tuesday Movie Trivia)
- Shannon Burke was the host of the show, whose mixture of outrageous daily, biker attitude and personality, and right-wing style rants made for a talk program.
- Soul Brother Kevin also known as SBK, aka "The Fork in the Light Socket", "The Needle in the Neck", and "The Rattlesnake in the Mailbox", was the co-host of the show who both complemented, and balanced the host Shannon. He was once an intern with The Monsters, also on Real Radio, then moved to another market before returning to take his current position. Kevin also hosts his own show, SBK LIVE weekday nights 7-11 on Real Radio 104.1.
- Cabin Boy contributes to the show's content by creating a series of skits, entitled Wench of the Week, based on the show's many in-jokes and cast, whose characters are often skewed to the extreme.
- Steadman Beloved producer of the show whose deadpan personality contrasted with the rest of the cast as well as most stereotypical talk-show personalities. He also owns a local tea shop (Ole' Cup and Saucer 2484 W State Rd 434 in Longwood) which, humorously, he advertises on the show whenever he can. Steadman made his final appearance in the beginning of November, 2007. "I was released due to budget cuts, plain and simple," he said. "I harbor no ill will towards the company." In fact, he even tried to be a little humorous about the whole thing, stealing a line from the normally tight-lipped Clear Channel whenever they lose or cut someone, saying of himself: "Steadman is no longer with Clear Channel Communications. However, he wants to wish them well in their future endeavoaaaars." No word back yet from the Clear Channel honchos about this one or whether there are more to come, though history has taught us that budget cuts rarely involve just one body (From Scott Maxwell, Orlando Sentinel).
- Jimmy D Jimmy D was promoted to the Internet department and now does a large portion of production work for the Web sites of all the shows on Real Radio. During his tenure with the show, he was often the most ridiculed, and still is, for his penchant for eating and his film degree. Jimmy D continues to come back to the show on occasion as the show's movie reviewer.
- The Sexy Savannah (real name Heather K. Boan) was once a member of The Monsters, abruptly left to join the Shannon Burke Show, then was let go by Real Radio.
- The Lovely Whitney (Whitney Laney) started the show doing a weekly segment called "Burke's Recipe of the Week" where she came into the studio cooked live on the air and talked food. After her WMGF Magic 107.7 internship ended show Producer, Cabin Boy, invited her to move over to the Shannon Burke Show where she was doing entertainment updates, the weather, promos and prize reads.
The fans of the show consisted of a wide cross section of ages, geographic, and economic demographics. Bikers to clergy, Republican to Democrat, and conservative to liberal all call the show and voice their opinion on the various topics presented. It is likely that the balance of Burke and SBK had brought tremendous success to the show with respects to appealing to a broader fan base than either would individually.
The "Chronics" is based on discussions on the official WTKS webboard (which has now been disbanded and replaced with an unofficial webboards). The name stuck with Real Radio fans, and even the station's email newsletter is now called "Club Chronic".
- Frank,from The Villages, a baker act in the making
- John, from Apopkaaaaa
- Uncle Ray
- Big Anonymous
- Drunk Dennis,has stepped up his drinking, he can now be heard on the Monsters in the Morning
- Luxurious Larry
- Conspiracy Guy
- The Black Tom Cruise
- Independent Black Woman
- The Beer Snob
- "Chuck in Lakeland"
- Salmon on a Plank
- Outdoor Mike
- Realradioinfoguy ( Primarily through Email )
- Seth Marlowe The King of...
- Rusty Beard
- Off-Topic Guy