The She Spot
|Author||Lisa Witter and Lisa Chen|
|June 1, 2008|
|Media type||Print (Hardback)|
|ISBN||ISBN 1-57675-472-3 (10) and ISBN 978-1-57675-472-6 (13)|
|LC Class||HF5415.332.W66 W577 2008|
The She Spot focuses on the impact of women on social change. The book focuses on the influence women have had on the world, as well as on volunteering. The book incorporates several case studies, polls, and the potential for women to be underrepresented in these polls and studies. The She Spot also covers the potential mis-representation in marketing towards women.
Critical reception for The She Spot has been positive, with Publishers Weekly calling it a "thoughtful, helpful guide to nonprofit marketers". AdAge's Matt Kinsey wrote that the book was "good fodder for discussion" but that he was unsure that Witter and Chen's "formula alone can commandeer a loyal female audience". A review in ForeWord magazine by Mary Spiro said that, "If one agrees with the premise that marketing has been male-centered or that the strategies they present are uniquely suited to impact women then this text offers plenty of practical advice for those courting female clientele" and that the end of chapter summaries offer "quick inspiration".
- Kate Harding (June 2, 2008). "Why political candidates should be sucking up to women". Salon. Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- "The she spot; why women are the market for changing the world--and how to reach them (Book review)". Reference & Research Book News. August 1, 2008. Retrieved April 17, 2012. (subscription required (. ))
- Staff writer (April 21, 2008). "Nonfiction review - The She Spot: Why Women Are the Market for Changing the World—and How to Reach Them". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- Matt Kinsey (August 6, 2008). "Finding 'The She Spot' More Important Than You Thought". Advertising Age. Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- Mary Spiro (August 19, 2009). "The She Spot: Why Women are the Market for Changing the World--and How to Reach Them (Book review)". ForeWord. Retrieved April 17, 2012. (subscription required (. ))
- Kate Davidson (July 26, 2008). "5 questions about "THE SHE SPOT"". Concord Monitor. Retrieved April 17, 2012.