The Shopping Bags
|The Shopping Bags|
|Created by||Anna Wallner
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||7|
|Executive producer(s)||Anna Wallner
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Force Four Entertainment
Worldwide Bag Media, Inc.
|Original channel||W Network (Canada)
Fine Living (U.S.)
|Original run||2002 – 2008|
|Followed by||Anna & Kristina's Grocery Bag|
|Anna Wallner & Kristina Matisic Website|
The Shopping Bags was a Canadian television series that aired on the W Network in Canada and on Fine Living in the United States. Launched in 2002, the series focused on consumer affairs and better shopping. Each week the program looked at several goods and services to discover which one was the best. This was also done to guide viewers towards which product or service may best suit their needs. The program looked at day-to-day shopping and big ticket items, as well as having a final "Shopping Thought" at the end of each program.
The Shopping Bags was produced in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada by Worldwide Bag Media Inc. The hosts and show creators are award-winning journalists Anna Wallner and Kristina Matisic. The show first aired on the W Network, a television channel in Canada aimed at women. The program was also broadcast on Fine Living in the United States, a channel aimed at both male and female viewers.
In 2005, a companion book to The Shopping Bags television show was written by Wallner and Matisic and published in 2006. The book is titled The Shopping Bags: Tips, Tricks, and Inside Information to Make You a Savvy Shopper.
The show ended in 2008, and was replaced by Anna & Kristina's Grocery Bag.
List of Guest Experts
(Names are from the Episodes)
- Martha Stewart, American business magnate, author, editor, former stock broker, model, and homemaking advocate.
- Diane von Furstenberg, Fashion Designer
- Randy Bachman
- Robin Coope, Physicist
- Nina Hirvi, Nutritionist
- Vincent Pastore, Television Actor and Sirius Satellite Radio Broadcaster
- Candice Olson, Interior designer
- Paula Begoun, Beauty Expert and Author
- Jason Rivers, Dermatologist
- Massimo Marcone, Food scientist
- Rob Feenie, Chef
- Dr. Derek Swain, Child psychologist and School Counselor
- Anna & Kristina's (The Shopping Bags) official website
- Program website from W Network
- Program website from Fine Living
- Excerpt from The Shopping Bags book from Good Morning America
- Kristina Matisic's bio on Anna & Kristina's official website
- Anna Wallner's bio on Anna & Kristina's official website
- TV show fan page for The Shopping Bags on Facebook
- Anna & Kristina's photostream on Flickr
- Anna & Kristina's tweets on Twitter
- Anna & Kristina's videos on YouTube
- Worldwide Bag Media Inc. corporate information