The Shops at Summerlin Centre
The Shops at Summerlin Centre is an outdoor business, entertainment, fashion and retail district that is part of a mixed use development in Summerlin Centre, a Summerlin village. The Centre will provide about 1,800,000 square feet (170,000 m2) of retail and business space. The Shops At Summerlin Centre were planned to be open by 2009; however, construction halted. The centre is now planned to open in late 2014.
The centre is being built by General Growth Properties with development beginning on 400 acres (160 ha) in 2007. The location is along Clark County 215 just south of Red Rock Casino. Because of the previous state business in 2008, construction was halted in 2008. On February 24, 2010, GGP spun off development into The Howard Hughes Corporation. In 2012, Howard Hughes Corp. announced that the Shops at Summerlin Centre will resume construction in 2013 and will open in late 2014 several major tenants. Construction is currently underway with VCC LLC as the General Contractor for the project.
Design and construction
- Macy's - 180,000 square feet (17,000 m2), 2 story retail store
- Dillard's - 200,000 square feet (19,000 m2), 2 story retail store
- Nordstrom Rack
- Crate & Barrel
- "Big mall owner sees its future in town centers". New Urban News. June 2006. Archived from the original on 2008-06-08. Retrieved 2008-05-16.
- Segall, Eli. "Developer says Shops at Summerlin retail center back on track with first anchor tenant". Vegas Inc. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- McQuerrey, Lisa (2007-05-01). "Las Vegas Hungers for Retail". Penton Media, Inc. Retrieved 2008-05-16.
- CARROLL, LAURA. "Developer prepares Summerlin mall". Las Vegas Business Press. Retrieved 2008-05-16.
- "New Anchors Announced at The Shops at Summerlin Centre" (Press release). StreetInsider.com. 2008-05-16. Retrieved 2008-05-16.
- "Developer says Shops at Summerlin retail center back on track with first anchor tenant". VEGAS INC. September 19, 2012. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Dillard’s signs on for store at Shops at Summerlin". VEGAS INC. December 3, 2012. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- Spillman, Benjamin (2008-05-21). "Developers find retail haven in LV". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2008-05-21.