The Shops at Summerlin Centre
The Shops at Summerlin Centre is a proposed outdoor shopping center that was part of a mixed use development in Summerlin Centre, a Summerlin village. The mall will provide about 1,800,000 square feet (170,000 m2) of retail space. The Shops At Summerlin Centre were planned to be open by 2009; however, due to the economy, construction halted. The mall is now planned to open in late 2014.
The mall is being built by General Growth Properties with development beginning on 400 acres (160 ha) in 2007. The location is along Clark County 215 just south of Red Rock Casino. Because of the previous state of the economy, construction was halted in 2008. On February 24, 2010, GGP filed for bankruptcy, and spun off the Summerlin development and some of its other properties into The Howard Hughes Corporation. In 2012, Howard Hughes Corp. announced that the Shops at Summerlin Centre will resume construction and will open in late 2014 with Macy's and Dillard's being the major tenants. 
Design and construction 
- Macy's - 180,000 square feet (17,000 m2), 2 story retail store
- Dillard's - 200,000 square feet (19,000 m2), 2 story retail store
- Crate & Barrel
- "Big mall owner sees its future in town centers". New Urban News. 2006-06. Archived from the original on 2008-06-08. Retrieved 2008-05-16.
- Segall, Eli. "Developer says Shops at Summerlin retail center back on track with first anchor tenant". Vegas Inc. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- McQuerrey, Lisa (2007-05-01). "Las Vegas Hungers for Retail". Penton Media, Inc. Retrieved 2008-05-16.
- CARROLL, LAURA. "Developer prepares Summerlin mall". Las Vegas Business Press. Retrieved 2008-05-16.
- "New Anchors Announced at The Shops at Summerlin Centre" (Press release). StreetInsider.com. 2008-05-16. Retrieved 2008-05-16.
- "Developer says Shops at Summerlin retail center back on track with first anchor tenant". VEGAS INC. September 19, 2012. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Dillard’s signs on for store at Shops at Summerlin". VEGAS INC. December 3, 2012. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- Spillman, Benjamin (2008-05-21). "Developers find retail haven in LV". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2008-05-21.