From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from The Shrike)
|Look up shrike in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A shrike is a passerine bird of the family Laniidae. Other birds include:
- Helmetshrike (Prionopidae), an African family closely related to the true shrikes
- Bushshrike (Malaconotidae), another African family, also formerly considered true shrikes
- Cuckoo-shrike (Campephagidae), a widespread Old-World family
- Shrike-tyrants, a genus of tyrant-flycatchers
- Shrikebills, a genus of monarch-flycatcher
Shrike may also refer to:
- Curtiss Shrike, several American combat aircraft of the 1930s
- USS Shrike, two US Navy ships
- Bell X-9 Shrike, a prototype surface-to-air guided missile
- AGM-45 Shrike, an American anti-radiation missile designed to home in on hostile antiaircraft radars
- RNAS Maydown, also known as HMS Shrike, a former Royal Navy Naval Air Station
- Ares Shrike 5.56, a belt-fed machine gun conversion kit
- Focke-Wulf Fw 190 Shrike, a German made single-seat fighter aircraft used in WWII
- The Shrike (play), a 1952 Pulitzer Prize–winning drama by Joseph Kramm
- The Shrike (film), a 1955 film based on the play
- Shrike (comics), the codename of a series of DC comics characters
- The Shrike, a monster in the Hyperion Cantos science fiction book series
- Shrike (Philip Reeve), a recurring character in Philip Reeve's Mortal Engines/Hungry City Chronicles novel series
- The Shrike, a character in Christie Malry's Own Double-Entry (1973), a novel by experimental English writer B. S. Johnson
- The Shrike, an enemy in Brute Force (video game)
- Shrike, a character in Nathanael West's novella Miss Lonelyhearts
- Shrike, a character in the computer game Red Faction II
- Shrike Scout Fighter, in the video game Tribes 2
- The Shrike Abyssal, a star system in the Mass Effect series.
- Shrike (racing car), an Australian open-wheel racing car
- Shrike Commander, an Aero Commander aircraft
- United States Navy Strike Fighter Squadron 94, known as "The Mighty Shrikes"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.