The Simpsons (season 25)
|The Simpsons Season 25|
Digital download season cover art
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||TBA|
|Original run||September 29, 2013 – present|
|List of The Simpsons episodes|
In this season, Homer sells his Mapple stock to buy a bowling ball, Marge blames herself and Kiss for Bart's rebellious streak, Lisa becomes a cheerleader for Springfield's football team, and Homer delivers a baby. Guest stars for this season will include Christiane Amanpour, Will Arnett, Stan Lee, Rachel Maddow, Elisabeth Moss, Joe Namath, Gordon Ramsay, Aaron Sorkin, Eva Longoria, Daniel Radcliffe, Kristen Wiig, Billy West, Katey Sagal, John DiMaggio, Phil LaMarr, Zach Galifianakis, Harlan Ellison, Anderson Cooper and Judd Apatow. This is Al Jean's 13th consecutive season as showrunner and 15th overall. Matt Groening, James L. Brooks, Matt Selman, and John Frink serve as executive producers. Executive producer Al Jean stated that Edna Krabappel will be retired from the show following the death of Marcia Wallace on October 25, 2013.
On October 4, 2013, The Simpsons was renewed for a 26th season.
- In the № column the number refers to the order it aired during the entire series.
- In the # column the number refers to the episode number within its season.
- The production code refers to the code assigned to the episode by the production team. The first two characters refer to the season the episode was made for; for example, 1F for season five and 2F for season six. The second number is the order in which the episode was produced, which is not necessarily the airing order.
|№||#||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Production
|531||1||"Homerland"||Bob Anderson||Stephanie Gillis||September 29, 2013||RABF20||6.37|
|An FBI agent helps Lisa solve the mystery of why Homer's personality has changed after attending a nuclear plant convention.
Guest stars: Kevin Michael Richardson and Kristen Wiig
|532||2||"Treehouse of Horror XXIV"
"The Simpsons Halloween Special XXIV"
|Rob Oliver||Jeff Westbrook||October 6, 2013||RABF16||6.42|
|The twenty-fourth annual Simpsons Halloween episode features an opening directed by Guillermo del Toro and the following segments:
"Oh, the Places You'll D'oh!": In this twisted parody of Dr. Seuss's children's books, Homer abducts Bart, Lisa, and Maggie and rides around Springfield wreaking havoc as "The Fat in the Hat".
"Dead and Shoulders": After Bart is decapitated during a kite accident, his head is attached to Lisa's body and the two must live together as one -- until Bart discovers that he can fully function whenever Lisa is asleep.
"Freaks No Geeks": In this parody to the 1930s horror film Freaks, Homer and Marge are circus performers with Bursum and Bailey, and Homer has a plan to marry Marge off to a circus freak so he can rob him of an emerald.
|533||3||"Four Regrettings and a Funeral"||Mark Kirkland||Marc Wilmore||November 3, 2013||RABF18||5.43|
At the funeral of a beloved Springfielder, four residents remember events in their lives they would like to do over.
|534||4||"YOLO"||Michael Polcino||Michael Nobori||November 10, 2013||RABF22||4.20|
Marge invites an old pen pal to stay with Homer and cross items off his "to-do" list from when he was 10 years old, so that Homer can embrace his "You-Only-Live-Once" spirit. Meanwhile, Lisa starts an honor code for the school to combat cheating.Guest star: Jon Lovitz as Llewellyn Sinclair
|535||5||"Labor Pains"||Matthew Faughnan||Don Payne & Mitchell H. Glazer||November 17, 2013||RABF19||4.08|
After a night of playing poker with Moe, Lenny, and Carl, Homer finds himself in an elevator with a young mother named Gretchen, who is in labor and needs someone to help her keep calm. Meanwhile, Lisa helps the local football cheerleading team unionize and negotiate for better wages and working conditions.Guest star: Elisabeth Moss as Gretchen
|536||6||"The Kid Is All Right"||Mark Kirkland||Tim Long||November 24, 2013||SABF02||6.78|
Lisa's new best friend turns out to be a Republican and her opponent in the second-grade class election.Guest stars: Anderson Cooper as himself, Maurice LaMarche, and Eva Longoria as Isabel Guiterrez
|537||7||"Yellow Subterfuge"||TBA||Joel H. Cohen||December 8, 2013||SABF04||N/A|
|When Principal Skinner promises that the most well-behaved at Springfield Elementary will get to ride in a submarine, Bart does everything possible to become a model student. Meanwhile, Krusty, on Lisa's advice, sells the foreign rights to his show in order to rake in more money.|
|538||8||"White Christmas Blues"||TBA||Don Payne||December 15, 2013||SABF01||N/A|
|Springfield becomes a tourist hotspot after the power plant has a radiation leak, which causes snow to fall. Marge opens up her house to the boarders, once Christmas shopping prices begin to increase.|
|539||9||"Steal This Episode"||TBA||J. Stewart Burns||January 5, 2014||SABF05||N/A|
When Homer gets fed up with movie theaters, Bart teaches him the art of illegally downloading films. Homer starts screening them in his backyard for the citizens of Springfield, only to get in trouble with an overzealous FBI director of anti-piracy.Guest stars: Judd Apatow, Will Arnett, Leslie Mann, Seth Rogen, Paul Rudd and Channing Tatum
|RABF15||"The Man Who Came to Be Dinner"|
|SABF09||"The Winter of His Content"|
|SABF10||"The War of Art"|
|SABF11||"You Don't Have to Live Like a Referee"|
|SABF14||"What to Expect When Bart's Expecting"|
|TBA||"Brick Like Me"|
|TBA||"I Only Have My Eyes for You"|
|TBA||"Married to the Blob"|
|TBA||"The Man Who Grew Too Much"|
|TBA||"Days of Future Future"|
Confirmed plots and guest stars
- In an unnamed episode, one of the characters will die. Producer Al Jean confirmed that the actor voicing the character has won an Emmy Award for the synchronization. However, Jean has ruled out Mrs. Krabappel, saying it has nothing to do with the real-life passing of Marcia Wallace, though the show confirms it will retire the Edna Krabappel character in her memory. Before her passing, Wallace had completed voice work for most of the season.
- In "Days of Future Future," a sequel to "Future-Drama" and "Holidays of Future Passed", set 30 years from now, Jenda, played by Amy Poehler, is dating a crab-like alien creature and she is still not getting along with Bart. "Bart is trying to get over his divorce and he does it in a bit of a Total Recall-type way," showrunner Al Jean said. "I won’t give away what happens, but that's a clue."
- In "The Man Who Came to Be Dinner", which is co-written by Al Jean and directed by David Silverman, the Simpsons will go to "an amusement park where the lines for the rides are terrible, except for this one rocket called Journey to Your Future" that takes them to Rigel 7, the home planet of Kang and Kodos. This episode was previously going to air as the finale of Season 24, but was moved to Season 25 for unknown reasons.
- An unnamed episode featuring a guest appearance from Stan Lee, wherein Lee gives romantic advice to Comic Book Guy after Homer ruins his relationship with a Japanese manga fan, is scheduled to air during Season 25. The episode will also feature Harlan Ellison.
- "Simpsorama" will be a crossover episode with Futurama in which the Simpsons meet the Planet Express crew when Bender attempts to kill Bart in order to prevent the future from looking bad. The episode, written by J. Stewart Burns, will guest star the cast of Futurama and will air as the season 25 finale.
- An unnamed episode will guest star Zach Galifianakis as a fat kid with whom Lisa becomes friends, leading Marge to fear she will "marry a boy that’s just like Homer".
- An unnamed episode will guest star John Oliver as Wilkes John Booth, a previously unseen neighbor of the Simpson family who Marge has never met.
- "You Don't Have to Live Like a Referee" (presumably airing in summer 2014) will see the family visiting South America for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. Homer becomes a referee but runs into trouble when local gangsters pressure him into match-fixing. The show will also collaborate with top football clubs around the world, like FC Barcelona, FC Zenit Saint Petersburg, Corinthians Paulista and Boca Juniors, with Simpsons-related merchandise and branding. 
- A fan script sent in by Judd Apatow in 1990 is being retooled for airing in season 25. In the episode, Homer goes to a hypnotist and is given the mentality of a ten-year old boy. The hypnotist dies, leaving Homer stuck in the mind of a child. He begins to bond with Bart while in this state, and refuses entry back into the responsibilities of adulthood.
- Shows A-Z - Simpsons, the on Fox
- "'Simpsons' star Marcia Wallace dies at 70". Chicago Tribune. Reuters. October 26, 2013.
- The Simpsons Officially Renewed for a 26th Season
- Turner, Chris (2004). Planet Simpson. Random House Canada. p. 4. ISBN 0-679-31318-4.
- Bibel, Sara (October 1, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'The Simpsons' & 'Bob's Burgers' Adjusted Up; 'Revenge' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 1, 2013.
- "Get Ready for Star-Filled “Animation Domination” Sundays This Fall on FOX". FOX Flash.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 8, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Once Upon a Time' & 'The Simpsons' Adjusted Up + Final NFL Ratings & Unscrambled CBS". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (November 5, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'The Amazing Race' Adjusted Up; 'The Simpsons' Adjusted Down + Final NFL Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 5, 2013.
- The Simpsons Episode Guide - TVGuide.com
- Bibel, Sara (November 12, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Revenge' & 'The Simpsons' Adjusted Down, Plus Unscrambled CBS & Football Numbers". TV by the Numbedrs. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- TheFutonCritic.com - The Simpsons Listings
- Kondolojy, Amanda (November 19, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'The Mentalist' Adjusted Up; No Adjustment for 'Once Upon a Time' or 'Almost Human'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- "‘The Simpsons’ Gets Peggy Pregnant Mad Men’s Elisabeth Moss to Guest". Screencrush.com. 2013-04-17. Retrieved 2013-05-14.
- Bibel, Sara (November 26, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'The Simpsons' The Amazing Race', 'American Dad' & 'The Mentalist' Adjusted Up; 'America's Funniest Home Videos' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 27, 2013.
- The Simpsons Episode Guide - The Kid is All Right
- "Twitter / mxedtr: Today we music-spot #Simpsons". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-11-15.
- The Simpsons Episode Guide - Yellow Subterfuge
- p-don-payne-152031803.html "R.I.P. Don Payne". Yahoo!.
- The Simpsons on FOX
- "Twitter / mxedtr: Another two-fer #Simpsons day". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- "Winter Wonderland: Your Guide to the Season's Merriest Movies, Episodes and Specials". TV Guide 61 (3190-3191): 25.
- 'Simpsons' episode to feature voices of Judd Apatow, Channing Tatum, Paul Rudd, Leslie Mann and Seth Rogen | Inside TV | EW.com
- Reg. #PAu003644040 in the Copyright Catalog. United States Copyright Office. Retrieved 2012-12-08.
- "Attended my 4th Simpsons table read in 25 yrs yesterday...". Chris Ledesma.
- "MAD's Tom Richmond came to Simpsons table read w family...". David Silverman.
- Reg. #PAu003686305 in the Copyright Catalog. United States Copyright Office. Retrieved 2013-14-09
- Reg. #PAu003686326 in the Copyright Catalog. United States Copyright Office. Retrieved 2013-14-09
- "Script cover".
- "Look what I found on my desk today...". David H. Steinberg.
- Twitter / TheJohnDiMaggio
- Reg. #PAu003670180 in the Copyright Catalog. United States Copyright Office. Retrieved 2013-05-26.
- Reg. #PAu003683177 in the Copyright Catalog. United States Copyright Office. Retrieved 2013-14-09.
- Reg. #PAu003683280 in the Copyright Catalog. United States Copyright Office. Retrieved 2013-14-09.
- Reg. #PAu003681537 in the Copyright Catalog. United States Copyright Office. Retrieved 2013-14-09.
- Reg. #PAu003683279 in the Copyright Catalog. United States Copyright Office. Retrieved 2013-14-09.
- Reg. #PAu003690945 in the Copyright Catalog. United States Copyright Office. Retrieved 2013-14-09.
- Producers plan to kill off 'Simpsons' character
- Maciejewski, Andreas. "Die Simpsons: Ein Charakter stirbt in Staffel 25 (German)". Web.de. Retrieved 2 October 2013.
- Which Simpsons Character Will Be Killed Off?
- 'Simpsons' producer on mystery death in Springfield: Even the actor doesn't know yet
- 'Simpsons' Actress Marcia Wallace Dies
- Hughes, Jason (4 November 2013). "'The Simpsons' Pays Tribute To Marcia Wallace With Final Chalkboard Message". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- Amy Poehler to guest on 'The Simpsons' -- EXCLUSIVE
- "Twitter / tubatron: I'm starting to direct a Simpsons". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- Keck's Exclusives: The Simpsons in Space
- 'The Simpsons': Stan Lee to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- The Simpsons Turns 25 With Kristen Wiig, Guillermo Del Toro And More
- "'The Simpsons' to join forces with 'Futurama' for crossover episode". Entertainment Weekly.
- TVLine - Exclusive: The Simpsons Targets Daily Show's John Oliver to Play 'Wilkes John Booth' Retrieved 5 October 2013.
- ScreenCrush - ‘THE SIMPSONS’ RENEWED FOR SEASON 26, JOHN OLIVER TO GUEST IN SEASON 25 Retrieved 5 October 2013.
- Klompus, Jack (Oct 24 2013). "Homer Simpson to turn World Cup football referee in new 'Simpsons' episode". Digital Spy.
- Haglund, David (November 26, 2012). "The Simpsons Producing an Episode Written 22 Years Ago by Judd Apatow". Slate. Retrieved April 21, 2013.
- Vineyard, Jennifer (February 19, 2013). "Yes, Judd Apatow's Simpsons Script Will Be Rewritten". Vulture. Retrieved April 21, 2013.