The Simpsons (season 25)
|The Simpsons Season 25|
Digital download season cover art
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||TBA|
|Original run||September 29, 2013 – present|
|List of The Simpsons episodes|
In this season, Homer sells his Mapple stock to buy a bowling ball, Marge blames herself and Kiss for Bart's rebellious streak, Lisa becomes a cheerleader for Springfield's football team, and Homer delivers a baby. Guest stars for this season will include Christiane Amanpour, Will Arnett, Stan Lee, Rachel Maddow, Elisabeth Moss, Joe Namath, Gordon Ramsay, Aaron Sorkin, Eva Longoria, Daniel Radcliffe, Kristen Wiig, Billy West, Katey Sagal, John DiMaggio, Phil LaMarr, Zach Galifianakis, Harlan Ellison, Anderson Cooper and Judd Apatow. This is Al Jean's 13th consecutive season as showrunner and 15th overall. Matt Groening, James L. Brooks, Matt Selman, and John Frink serve as executive producers. Executive producer Al Jean stated that Edna Krabappel will be retired from the show following the death of Marcia Wallace on October 25, 2013.
On October 4, 2013, The Simpsons was renewed for a 26th season.
February 2014 held back Simpsons episodes, due to the transmission of the Super Bowl XLVIII in East Rutherford, New Jersey, United States, the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, the 2014 Daytona 500 in Daytona Beach, Florida, US, and the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California.
- In the No. column the number refers to the order it aired during the entire series.
- In the # column the number refers to the episode number within its season.
- The production code refers to the code assigned to the episode by the production team. The first two characters refer to the season the episode was made for; for example, 1F for season five and 2F for season six. The second number is the order in which the episode was produced, which is not necessarily the airing order.
|No.||#||Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Production
|531||1||"Homerland"||Bob Anderson||Stephanie Gillis||September 29, 2013||RABF20||6.37|
|An FBI agent helps Lisa solve the mystery of why Homer's personality has changed after attending a nuclear plant convention.
Guest stars: Kevin Michael Richardson and Kristen Wiig
|532||2||"Treehouse of Horror XXIV"
"The Simpsons Halloween Special XXIV"
|Rob Oliver||Jeff Westbrook||October 6, 2013||RABF16||6.42|
|The twenty-fourth annual Simpsons Halloween episode features an opening directed by Guillermo del Toro and the following segments:
"Oh, the Places You'll D'oh!": In this twisted parody of Dr. Seuss's children's books, Homer abducts Bart, Lisa, and Maggie and rides around Springfield wreaking havoc as "The Fat in the Hat".
"Dead and Shoulders": After Bart is decapitated during a kite accident, his head is attached to Lisa's body and the two must live together as one -- until Bart discovers that he can fully function whenever Lisa is asleep.
"Freaks No Geeks": In this parody to the 1930s horror film Freaks, Homer and Marge are circus performers with Burnsum and Bailey, and Homer has a plan to marry Marge off to a circus freak (Moe) so he can rob him of an emerald ring.
|533||3||"Four Regrettings and a Funeral"||Mark Kirkland||Marc Wilmore||November 3, 2013||RABF18||5.43|
At the funeral of a beloved Springfielder, four residents remember events in their lives they would like to do over.
|534||4||"YOLO"||Michael Polcino||Michael Nobori||November 10, 2013||RABF22||4.20|
Marge invites an old pen pal to stay with Homer and cross items off his "to-do" list from when he was 10 years old, so that Homer can embrace his "You-Only-Live-Once" spirit. Meanwhile, Lisa starts an honor code for the school to combat cheating.Guest star: Jon Lovitz as Llewellyn Sinclair
|535||5||"Labor Pains"||Matthew Faughnan||Don Payne & Mitchell H. Glazer||November 17, 2013||RABF19||4.08|
After a night of playing poker with Moe, Lenny, and Carl, Homer finds himself in an elevator with a young mother named Gretchen, who is in labor and needs someone to help her keep calm. Meanwhile, Lisa helps the local football cheerleading team unionize and negotiate for better wages and working conditions.Guest star: Elisabeth Moss as Gretchen
|536||6||"The Kid Is All Right"||Mark Kirkland||Tim Long||November 24, 2013||SABF02||6.78|
Lisa makes friends with a new girl in school, who turns out to be a conservative Republican with connections to Springfield's Republican party.Guest stars: Anderson Cooper as himself, Maurice LaMarche, and Eva Longoria as Isabel Guiterrez
|537||7||"Yellow Subterfuge"||Bob Anderson||Joel H. Cohen||December 8, 2013||SABF04||6.85|
When Principal Skinner promises that the most well-behaved at Springfield Elementary will get to ride in a submarine, Bart does everything possible to become a model student. Meanwhile, Krusty, on Lisa's advice, sells the foreign rights to his show in order to rake in more money.Guest star: Kevin Michael Richardson
|538||8||"White Christmas Blues"||Steven Dean Moore||Don Payne||December 15, 2013||SABF01||8.48|
|Springfield becomes a tourist hotspot after the power plant has a radiation leak and causes snow to fall for the first time in a long time -- and when Springfield's stores raise their prices, Marge turns their house into a bed and breakfast for the out-of-towners.|
|539||9||"Steal This Episode"||Matthew Nastuk||J. Stewart Burns||January 5, 2014||SABF05||12.04|
To combat the poor quality of today's movie theaters, Homer and Bart team up to illegally download movies and exhibit them in a makeshift theater in the backyard.Guest stars: Judd Apatow, Will Arnett, Rob Halford, Leslie Mann, Kevin Michael Richardson, Seth Rogen, Paul Rudd and Channing Tatum
|540||10||"Married to the Blob"||Chris Clements||Tim Long||January 12, 2014||SABF03||4.83|
The Comic Book Guy falls for a Japanese woman who's into manga, but Homer's advice and the woman's father may ruin his chances at true love.Guest stars: Harlan Ellison, Maurice LaMarche and Stan Lee
|541||11||"Specs and the City"||Lance Kramer||Brian Kelley||January 26, 2014||SABF06||3.87|
Homer uses high-tech eyeglasses given by Mr. Burns to spy on Marge and learns that she is seeing a marriage counselor.Guest stars: Maurice LaMarche and Will Lyman
|542||12||"Diggs"||Michael Polcino||Dan Greaney & Allen Glazier||March 9, 2014||SABF08||2.69|
Bart makes friends with a transfer student named Diggs, an expert in falconry who saves Bart from the wrath of the Springfield Elementary bullies – and who intends to take to the sky himself.Guest star: Daniel Radcliffe
|543||13||"The Man Who Grew Too Much"||Matthew Schofield||Jeff Westbrook||March 9, 2014||SABF07||3.75|
Lisa discovers that Sideshow Bob has become the chief scientist of a massive chemical engineering company, but the two of them bond over their appreciation for high-culture. In the meantime, Marge's attempt to preach healthy sexual practices to a teen church group backfires.Guest stars: Kelsey Grammer and Marcia Wallace
|544||14||"The Winter of His Content"||Kevin Curran||March 16, 2014||SABF09|
|When the Retirement Castle is closed for health violations, Marge invites Grampa and two other old people to live at the Simpsons' house, only to get frustrated with Homer embracing the "old person lifestyle". At Springfield Elementary, Nelson befriends Bart when the latter defends the former's love of hand-me-down underwear.|
|545||15||"The War of Art"||Rob LaZebnik||March 23, 2014||SABF10|
|After Lisa's new pet guinea pig destroys the Simpsons' living room art, Marge falls in love with a beautiful painting at the Van Houten's yard sale, which Homer snaps up for 20 bucks. But when Lisa reveals it is by a famous early 20th century painter and could be worth $100,000, Marge and Homer face a dilemma: split the money with the Van Houtens, or keep the cash as a "cushion" for their kids.|
|546||16||"You Don't Have to Live Like a Referee"||Michael Price||March 30, 2014||SABF11|
|Homer is recruited as a World Cup referee after Lisa extolls his integrity on the youth soccer field in a Springfield Elementary speech contest. But when the Simpsons travel to Brazil, Homer finds his honesty tested by one of South America's slickest gangsters in the soccer match-bribing business.|
|550||20||"Brick Like Me"||Brian Kelley||May 4, 2014|
|Homer wakes up in a Springfield where everyone and everything is made out of Legos, and he must figure his way out before he gets stuck in the plastic world forever.|
|RABF15||"The Man Who Came to Be Dinner"|
|SABF14||"What to Expect When Bart's Expecting"|
|TBA||"I Only Have My Eyes for You"|
|TBA||"Days of Future Future"|
Confirmed plots and guest stars
- In an unnamed episode, one of the characters will die. However, producer Al Jean has ruled out Edna Krabappel, saying it has nothing to do with the real-life death of her voice actress Marcia Wallace, although the character will be retired in Wallace's memory. Before she died, Wallace had completed voice work for most of the season. In addition, Kelsey Grammer has confirmed that Sideshow Bob will not be the character who dies.
- In "Days of Future Future", a sequel to "Future-Drama" and "Holidays of Future Passed", Jenda, played by Amy Poehler, is dating a crab-like alien creature and she is still not getting along with Bart. "Bart is trying to get over his divorce and he does it in a bit of a Total Recall-type way," showrunner Al Jean said. "I won’t give away what happens, but that's a clue."
- In "The Man Who Came to Be Dinner", which is co-written by Al Jean and directed by David Silverman, the Simpsons will go to "an amusement park where the lines for the rides are terrible, except for this one rocket called Journey to Your Future" that takes them to Rigel 7, the home planet of Kang and Kodos. This episode was previously going to air as the finale of Season 24, but was moved to Season 25 for unknown reasons.
- "Simpsorama" will be a crossover episode with Futurama in which the Simpsons meet the Planet Express crew when Bender attempts to kill Bart in order to prevent the future from looking bad. The episode, written by J. Stewart Burns, will guest star the cast of Futurama.
- "What to Expect When Bart's Expecting" will guest star Zach Galifianakis as a fat kid with whom Lisa becomes friends, leading Marge to fear she will "marry a boy that’s just like Homer".
- "Pay Pal" will guest star John Oliver as Wilkes John Booth, a previously unseen neighbor of the Simpson family who Marge has never met.
- A fan script sent in by Judd Apatow in 1990 is being retooled for airing in season 26. In the episode, Homer goes to a hypnotist and is given the mentality of a ten-year old boy. The hypnotist dies, leaving Homer stuck in the mind of a child. He begins to bond with Bart while in this state, and refuses entry back into the responsibilities of adulthood.
- Shows A-Z - Simpsons, the on Fox
- "'Simpsons' star Marcia Wallace dies at 70". Chicago Tribune. Reuters. October 26, 2013.
- The Simpsons Officially Renewed for a 26th Season
- No Simpsons on February 2014 - Chris Ledesma's Twitter
- Turner 2004, p. 4.
- Bibel, Sara (October 1, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'The Simpsons' & 'Bob's Burgers' Adjusted Up; 'Revenge' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 1, 2013.
- "Get Ready for Star-Filled "Animation Domination" Sundays This Fall on FOX". FOX Flash.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 8, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Once Upon a Time' & 'The Simpsons' Adjusted Up + Final NFL Ratings & Unscrambled CBS". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (November 5, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'The Amazing Race' Adjusted Up; 'The Simpsons' Adjusted Down + Final NFL Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 5, 2013.
- The Simpsons Episode Guide - TVGuide.com
- Bibel, Sara (November 12, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Revenge' & 'The Simpsons' Adjusted Down, Plus Unscrambled CBS & Football Numbers". TV by the Numbedrs. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- TheFutonCritic.com - The Simpsons Listings
- Kondolojy, Amanda (November 19, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'The Mentalist' Adjusted Up; No Adjustment for 'Once Upon a Time' or 'Almost Human'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- "‘The Simpsons’ Gets Peggy Pregnant Mad Men’s Elisabeth Moss to Guest". Screencrush.com. 2013-04-17. Retrieved 2013-05-14.
- Bibel, Sara (November 26, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'The Simpsons' The Amazing Race', 'American Dad' & 'The Mentalist' Adjusted Up; 'America's Funniest Home Videos' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 27, 2013.
- The Simpsons Episode Guide - The Kid is All Right
- Bibel, Sara (December 10, 2013). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'The Simpsons', 'Family Guy', 'Revenge' & 'The Mentalist' Adjusted Up; 'Once Upon a Time', 'Betrayal' & '60 Minutes' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 11, 2013.
- "Sunday Final Ratings: ’60 Minutes’ Adjusted Down, No Adjustment for ‘Revenge’ or ‘Survivor’". Tvbythenumbers. 2013-12-08. Retrieved 2013-12-17.
- Bibel, Sara (January 7, 2014). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Family Guy', '60 Minutes' & 'The Mentalist' Adjusted Up; 'The Simpsons', 'Bob's Burgers', 'The Best of Jimmy Fallon' & 'Betrayal' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- 'Simpsons' episode to feature voices of Judd Apatow, Channing Tatum, Paul Rudd, Leslie Mann and Seth Rogen | Inside TV | EW.com
- "Sunday Final Ratings: ‘The Mentalist’, ‘American Dad’, ‘Family Guy’, ‘Bob’s Burgers’ & ‘Bachelor Special Adjusted Up; ’60 Minutes’ Adjusted Down + ‘Golden Globe’ Finals". Tvbythenumbers. 2014-01-14. Retrieved 2014-01-14.
- "Sunday Final Ratings: ’60 Minutes’ & ‘The Bachelor: Sean and Catherine’s Wedding’ Adjusted Down + Final Pro Bowl & Grammy Awards Ratings". Tvbythenumbers. 2014-01-29. Retrieved 2014-01-29.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 11, 2014). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Resurrection', 'Once Upon a Time' & 'The Amazing Race' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 11, 2014.
- The Simpsons on FOX - Diggs
- The Simpsons on FOX - The Winter of His Content
- "Attended my 4th Simpsons table read in 25 yrs yesterday...". Chris Ledesma.
- "(SI-2510) "The War of Art"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved March 4, 2014.
- "Twitter / mxedtr: Today we spot music: #SIMPSONS". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2014-03-11.
- "MAD's Tom Richmond came to Simpsons table read w family...". David Silverman.
- "Listings - SIMPSONS, THE on FOX". TheFutonCritic.com. Retrieved 2014-03-11.
- "Twitter / mikepriceinla: @MolksTVTalk Hey Steve! I worked". Twitter.com. 2014-02-19. Retrieved 2014-03-11.
- "LEGO unveils 'The Simpsons' house and Minifigs set". Laughing Squid. January 9, 2014.
- Scoop: The Simpsons Schedules Special Lego Episode
- Reg. #PAu003644040 in the Copyright Catalog. United States Copyright Office. Retrieved 2012-12-08.
- Reg. #PAu003686326 in the Copyright Catalog. United States Copyright Office. Retrieved 2013-14-09
- "Script cover".
- "Look what I found on my desk today...". David H. Steinberg.
- Reg. #PAu003683280 in the Copyright Catalog. United States Copyright Office. Retrieved 2013-14-09.
- Reg. #PAu003690945 in the Copyright Catalog. United States Copyright Office. Retrieved 2013-14-09.
- Twitter / TheJohnDiMaggio
- 'Simpsons' Actress Marcia Wallace Dies
- Hughes, Jason (4 November 2013). "'The Simpsons' Pays Tribute To Marcia Wallace With Final Chalkboard Message". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- Kelsey Grammer on 'The Simpsons': 'Sideshow Bob won't be killed off'
- Amy Poehler to guest on 'The Simpsons' -- EXCLUSIVE
- "Twitter / tubatron: I'm starting to direct a Simpsons". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- Keck's Exclusives: The Simpsons in Space
- "'The Simpsons' to join forces with 'Futurama' for crossover episode". Entertainment Weekly.
- TVLine - Exclusive: The Simpsons Targets Daily Show's John Oliver to Play 'Wilkes John Booth' Retrieved 5 October 2013.
- ScreenCrush - ‘THE SIMPSONS’ RENEWED FOR SEASON 26, JOHN OLIVER TO GUEST IN SEASON 25 Retrieved 5 October 2013.
- 'The Simpsons': Judd Apatow on playing 'self-involved' Judd Apatow and the upcoming episode he wrote (two decades ago)
- Haglund, David (November 26, 2012). "The Simpsons Producing an Episode Written 22 Years Ago by Judd Apatow". Slate. Retrieved April 21, 2013.
- Vineyard, Jennifer (February 19, 2013). "Yes, Judd Apatow's Simpsons Script Will Be Rewritten". Vulture. Retrieved April 21, 2013.