The Soldier Thread
|The Soldier Thread|
|Origin||Austin, Texas, USA|
|Genres||Indie pop, Alternative rock|
|Labels||Launch787 Music Group LLC|
|Associated acts||Blue October, Zeale|
The Soldier Thread was an indie pop band from Austin, Texas. Since its formation in late 2007, the quintet has already undergone quite an alteration in style from a true indie sound to more of a pop sound. Songwriter/pianist/guitarist Justin McHugh and guitarist Todd Abels used close ties to recruit violist/singer Patricia Lynn and drummer Drew Vandiver and began recording tracks for their demo EP Fevers and Fireworks. Soon after, bassist Chance Gilmore joined. After garnering enough attention from the EP, the band was given the opportunity to record their debut full-length album, Shapes.
Patricia has close ties to Justin Furstenfeld of Blue October, and was featured in the song "The Follow Through" from their 2011 album Any Man in America. She also traveled with Blue October on their acoustic tour in Spring of 2011.
In June 2011, the band gained a bit of attention when their new song "Anybody", which features Austin local rapper Zeale, was featured as a Staff Pick on 101X (KROX-FM), an Austin alternative rock radio station.
The Soldier Thread have recorded their second album, Matador, and plan to release it in 2012.
In November 2012 The Soldier Thread broke up. Patricia Lynn moved on to start a new band with Dwight Baker called The Wind and The Wave.
- Patricia Lynn - lead vocals, viola, keyboard
- Todd Abels - guitar, keyboard, backup vocals
- Justin McHugh - keyboard, guitar, backup vocals
- Drew Vandiver - drums
- Chance Gilmore - bass guitar
- Fevers and Fireworks EP (2007)
- Shapes (2009)
- In Spades (2010)
- Matador (2012)
- "Music » The Soldier Thread » Biography". last.fm. Retrieved 22 September 2011.
- "Guest Appearances on Blue October’s Any Man In America". 78triple6.com. Retrieved 22 September 2011.
- ""Anybody" Staff Pick on 101x". theantimatterstudio.com. Retrieved 22 September 2011.
- The Soldier Thread on Facebook