The Source (2002 film)
|Directed by||S. Lee Taylor|
|Written by||Roger Kristian Jones,
S. Lee Taylor
Melissa Renée Martin,
|Music by||Mark David
|Distributed by||The Asylum|
|Running time||97 min|
The film opens by following a moody goth named Reese, who befriends three other outcasts like him: Zack a rich nerd, Ashley who is Zack's sister and Phoebe a flower child. They go to a forest and find a glowing rock, and they discover that they gain powers from just stepping into its presence. Then they use these powers to intimidate and humiliate people who have made fun of them over the years.
- Zack gains telepathy.
- Phoebe gains telekinesis or Psychokinesis.
- Ashley gains speech induced psychic suggestion.
- Reese gains the ability to heal or hurt others/himself using his mind.
However the power goes to Ashley's head and she begins to take over the school using her mind control. She attacks her brother Zack and tries to kill Phoebe and Reese. They force her to heal Zack, but then she forces Phoebe to levitate off the building, then drop. Reese (due to his ability to heal OR hurt) takes his hearing away from himself when Ashley tries to control him, and breaks the piece of the rock she had around her neck. He heals Phoebe, but when they return to destroy the glowing rock, it has disappeared. Ashley ends up in a mental institute, but at the very end, a former teacher of hers brings her more of the glowing rock, the movie ends with her eyes turning blue, indicating that her powers have come back.
- Mathew Scollon .... Reese Hauser
- Melissa Reneé Martin .... Ashley Bainbridge
- Edward DeRuiter .... Zack Bainbridge
- Alice Frank .... Phoebe Lewis
- Johnny Venocur .... Jerry Hauser
- Ronald Rezac .... Principal McKinley
- Roger Kristian Jones .... Moss Man
- Steven Glinn .... Raimy
- Mark Wood .... Mr. Jessup
- David Castro .... Lane
- Paul Taviani .... Mr. Bartlett
- Anna DeCardi .... Miss Dunn
- David Anders .... Booji (as David Holt)
- Cory Travalena .... Bane
- Aaron Deakins .... Pugg