The Spoony Experiment
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2012)|
|The Spoony Experiment|
Title screen (2008–2010)
|Also known as||TSE|
|Created by||Noah Antwiler|
|Creative director(s)||Noah Antwiler|
|Theme music composer||The Irresponsibles (Opening theme)
Sad Panda (Ending theme)
|Country of origin||USA|
|Location(s)||Mesa, Arizona, United States (2007-2013)
Aurora, Illinois, United States (2014-)
|Picture format||FLV, H.264|
|Original run||January 24, 2007 – present|
The Spoony Experiment (TSE) is a website run by Noah Antwiler. The site features a variety of video series produced by Antwiler, including film and video game reviews, Let's Play videos, vlogs, commentaries and riffs. Since 2010, it has also incorporated video game journalism at trade shows such as the Electronic Entertainment Expo.
From 2008 to 2012, Antwiler was a content producer for Internet media company Channel Awesome, with contributions to its comedy review website That Guy With The Glasses and video game review sub-site, Blistered Thumbs; he left in June 2012. In November 2012 he denied his departure was due to tension with other Channel Awesome producers.
Video game journalist Ben Croshaw mentioned "Noah Antwiler of Spoony Experiment" as his favourite Internet reviewer in a 2008 interview for GameSpot. In 2009, Noah Antwiler won the award for "Funniest Person to Follow" in the Open Web Awards. In 2010, Antwiler was one of the finalists for the "Must-Follow Personality" category of the renamed Mashable Awards but did not win.
- Antwiler, Noah. "About". The Spoony Experiment. Retrieved March 17, 2010.
- [dead link]
- "To Boldly Flee Part 1: Spoony Commentary". Spoonyexperiment.com. August 2012. Retrieved 4 November 2012.
- Orland, Kyle (March 22, 2008). "PressSpotting: Ramblin' with Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw". Gamespot. Retrieved December 9, 2010.
- "Mashable's 3rd Annual Open Web Awards". Mashable Open Web Awards. Mashable & Motorola. December 15, 2009. Retrieved February 3, 2010.
- Lavrusik, Vadim (December 1, 2010). "Mashable Awards: Announcing The Full List of Finalists". Mashable. Mashable & Motorola. Retrieved December 3, 2010.
- Official website
- The Spoony Experiment at the Internet Movie Database
- Noah Antwiler at the Internet Movie Database