|Owned by||InterMedia Outdoors|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Slogan||We Are Sportsman|
|Headquarters||New Berlin, Wisconsin (administrative)
Atlanta, Georgia (transmission)
Atlanta (advertising sales)
|Dish Network||285 (SD/HD), 395|
1605 On Demand
|Available on many cable systems||Check local listings|
Sportsman Channel was started in 2003 by C. Michael Cooley and Todd D. Hansen of Muskego, Wisconsin. In June 2007, the channel was purchased by the InterMedia Outdoors Holdings group, a division of private equity group InterMedia Partners.
In August 2008, InterMedia Outdoors acquired Barrett Productions, one of the preeminent producers of outdoors, adventure and sports television programming, which extended the company's depth and breadth of programming assets targeted toward American sportsmen.
In March 2009, Sportsman Channel brought on board InterMedia Outdoors Executive Vice President, Willy Burkhardt, as the new President for the network. The appointment brings the company's full range of television content resources under the direction of one person, further integrating IMO and Sportsman Channel.
Sportsman Channel HD
On January 19, 2010, the channel announced it would launch in 1080i high definition in the first quarter of 2010. On February 10, 2010, Dish Network became the first provider to launch the channel in HD. In June 2011 it began to be added to Cablevision and Comcast systems and has now appeared on select Time Warner Cable systems.   
List of former affiliates
|Call-sign||Channel (analog/digital)||City of license/Market||Owner||Current affiliation||Notes|
|WLLZ-LP||12/none||Traverse City, MI||P & P Cable Holdings||Dual-affiliation of My Network TV and America One (TSC formerly overnight)||TSC replaced with Retro TV|
|WMKG-CA||38/none||Muskegon, Michigan||Kelley Enterprises||Dual-affiliation of FamilyNet and Pursuit Channel||Now affiliate of My Family TV|
|WHSV-DT2 and -DT4||none/3.2 and 3.4||Harrisonburg, Virginia||Gray Television||FOX||Removed, formerly aired overnight|
|KJLR-LP||28/none||Little Rock, Arkansas||Cowsert Family, LLC||AMGTV||Removed, formerly secondary affiliation|
|KDCG-LP||none/22.1||Opelousas, Louisiana||Acadiana Cable Advertising||Retro Television Network||Removed, former dual-affiliation with America One. Also a Class-A Digital station|
|KSDI-LP||33/none||Fresno, California||Cocola Broadcasting||Pursuit Channel/AMGTV||Removed, replaced with Pursuit Channel|
|KXGN-TV||none/5||Glendive, Montana||Marks Radio Group||Dual-affiliation of MTN (CBS) and NBC||Removed, formerly aired overnight|
|KXII-DT2||none/12.2||Sherman, Texas||Gray Television||My Network Television||Former secondary affiliation, removed|
|KXPX-CA||14/none||Corpus Christi, Texas||GH Broadcasting||Retro TV||Former affiliate, replaced with Retro Television|
|WONS-LP||25/none||Olean, New York||Choice Television||America One||Primary affiliation after 2006. The station became WVTT-CA in 2012.|
|W43BR||43/none||Baraboo, Wisconsin||Baraboo Broadcasting||America One||Former TSC/America One dual-affiliate, now full-time America One affiliate|
- "New Berlin's Sportsman Channel sold - Founders will keep posts at cable TV company". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. June 5, 2007. Retrieved February 11, 2010.
- "InterMedia Outdoors Acquires Barrett Productions". InterMedia Outdoors Press Release. August 21, 2008. Retrieved February 11, 2010.
- Gelman, Vlada. "Willy Burkhardt Named President of Sportsman Channel". TVWeek.com. Retrieved February 11, 2010.
- Reynolds, Mike (September 28, 2009). "Sportsman Channel Casts 100 Shows In Q4". Multichannel News. Retrieved February 11, 2010.
- Reynolds, Mike (January 19, 2010). "Sportsman Channel Goes HD On Jan. 25 - Expects To Name Initial Affiliates Later This Quarter". Multichannel News. Retrieved February 11, 2010.
- Reynolds, Mike (February 11, 2010). "Sportsman Channel Rolls Out On Dish Network On America's Top 250 Package - DBS Provider Is Charter Affiliate For Sportsman Channel HD". Multichannel News. Retrieved February 11, 2010.
- Sportsman Channel HD Reels In Rollouts On Cablevision's Big Sky Systems Multichannel News June 29, 2011
- Sportsman Channel Continues HD Expansion With Comcast Multichannel News June 28, 2011
- Time warner Cable lineup with Sportsman Channel HD Retrieved on December 14, 2011
- Barrett, Larry (January 15, 2009). "DirecTV Picks Up Sportsman Channel - Can Be Found on DirecTV Channel 605 on Jan. 21". Multichannel News. Retrieved February 11, 2010.
|This article about a television station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|