The Story of a Crime
The Story of a Crime (Russian: История одного преступления, translit. Istoriya odnogo prestupleniya, more precise translation - The Story of One Crime) is a 1962 Soviet animated film directed by Fedor Khitruk based on a screenplay by Michael Volpin. Produced by Soyuzmultfilm. Music score by Andrey Babaev, sound editing by George Martynuk. Runtime - 19 min. 54 sec.
It became the first animation work by the prominent Russian animator Fedor Khitruk.
Plot summary 
Noises at night made by rude neighbors cause the very friendly and peaceful Vasily Mamin to commit a crime. The cartoon serves as an explanation as of why such a brutal crime is committed at the beginning. It is a flashback at how Mamin spent his last 24 hours before the crime.
Voice cast 
- Zinovy Gerdt as Narrator
- 9th International Short Film Festival in Oberkhauzen (Federal Republic of Germany), 1963
- Diploma and The Golden Gates Prize of the 7th International Cinema Festival in San Francisco, 1962
- The Story of a Crime at the Internet Movie Database
- The Story of a Crime at animator.ru
- Dazzling animations at Tampere Film Festival web page
- The Spirit Of Genius: Feodor Khitruk by William Moritz
- Konstantin Bronzit, Alesha Popovich and Tugarin the Serpent (Alesha Popovich i Tugarin Zmei) (2004) at Kinokultura.com
|This animated film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|