The Story of a Crime
The Story of a Crime (Russian: История одного преступления, translit. Istoriya odnogo prestupleniya, more precise translation - The Story of One Crime) is a 1962 Soviet animated film directed by Fedor Khitruk based on a screenplay by Michael Volpin. Produced by Soyuzmultfilm. Music score by Andrey Babaev, sound editing by George Martynuk. Runtime - 19 min. 54 sec.
It became the first animation work by the prominent Russian animator Fedor Khitruk.
Noises at night made by rude neighbors cause the very friendly and peaceful Vasily Mamin to commit a crime. The cartoon serves as an explanation as of why such a brutal crime is committed at the beginning. It is a flashback at how Mamin spent his last 24 hours before the crime.
- Zinovy Gerdt as Narrator
- 9th International Short Film Festival in Oberkhauzen (Federal Republic of Germany), 1963
- Diploma and The Golden Gates Prize of the 7th International Cinema Festival in San Francisco, 1962
- The Story of a Crime at the Internet Movie Database
- The Story of a Crime at animator.ru
- Dazzling animations at Tampere Film Festival web page
- The Spirit Of Genius: Feodor Khitruk by William Moritz
- Konstantin Bronzit, Alesha Popovich and Tugarin the Serpent (Alesha Popovich i Tugarin Zmei) (2004) at Kinokultura.com
|This animated film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|