The Stuff of Legend
|The Stuff of Legend|
|Publisher||Th3rd World Studios|
|Publication date||May 2009 – present|
|Number of issues||3|
|Artist(s)||Charles Paul Wilson III|
|Book 1: The Dark||ISBN 0-345-52100-5|
Brian Smith, Charles Paul Wilson III, the guys at Th3rd World and Mike Raicht are planning on getting Volume 5 of Stuff of Legend in 2014. They are also planning on wrapping the series up with Volume 6.
The story takes place in 1944 Brooklyn. A band of toys goes on a journey into the Dark realm to rescue a young boy, who is their owner, from the infamous Bogeyman. In the Dark Realm, which is inside the boy's closet, they are changed. They become life sized, with functional weapons and, in the teddy bear's case, teeth. As they venture into the Dark, they battle the Bogeyman's forces, composed mostly of bitter, lost toys, fallen under the fearful powers of their Dark master.
The comics are being collected into trade paperbacks:
- Book 1: The Dark (collects Volume 1: The Dark, Issues 1 and 2, 128 pages, Villard Books, April 2010, ISBN 0-345-52100-5)
- Book 2: The Jungle (collects Volume 2: The Jungle, Issues 1 through 4, 144 pages, Th3rd World Studios, April 2011)
- The Stuff of Legend: Omnibus One [Hardcover] (collects Volume 1: The Dark, Issues 1 and 2, and Volume 2: The Jungle, Issues 1 through 4, 260 pages, Th3rd World Studios, July 2012, ISBN 0-983-21619-3)
- Book 3: A Jester's Tale (collects Volume 3: A Jester's Tale, Issues 1 through 4, 124 pages, Th3rd World Studios, March 2012, ISBN 0-983-21612-6)
- Book 4: The Toy Collector (collects Volume 4: The Toy Collector, Issues 1 through 5, 124 pages, Th3rd World Studios, August 2013)
- Phegley, Kiel (June 5, 2009). "Th3rd World's "Stuff of Legend"". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved July 11, 2010.
- Rogers, Vaneta (February 2, 2010). "Th3rd World Announces STUFF OF LEGEND Vol. 2 & 3". Newsarama. Retrieved July 11, 2010.
- Rogers, Vaneta (May 20, 2010). "STUFF OF LEGEND Vol. 2 Brings Fantasy Back to Life". Newsarama. Retrieved July 11, 2010.
- Rogers, Vaneta (November 8, 2013). "Mike Raicht Talks Dark Shadows And The End Of The Stuff Of Legend". Bleeding Cool. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- Disney Makes Pitch Deal For ‘Stuff Of Legend’ With Pete Candeland Directing
|This comics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|