The Suite Life Movie
|The Suite Life Movie|
The Suite Life Movie logo
|Distributed by||Disney Channel Original Movies|
|Created by||Danny Kallis
|Directed by||Sean McNamara|
|Produced by||Tracey Jeffrey
Pamela Eells O'Connell
|Screenplay by||Michael Saltzman
|Based on||The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
& The Suite Life on Deck
|Music by||John Van Tongeren|
|Editing by||David Moritz|
|Production company||Bon Mot Productions
Bad Angels Productions
|Original channel||Disney Channel|
|Release date||March 25, 2011|
|Running time||79 minutes|
The Suite Life Movie is a 2011 comedy-drama science fiction film directed by Sean McNamara, written by Michael Saltzman, and starring Dylan and Cole Sprouse, Brenda Song, Debby Ryan, Matthew Timmons, John Ducey, Matthew Glave, and Phill Lewis. The Disney Channel Original Movie is based on the pair of Disney Channel sitcoms The Suite Life of Zack & Cody and The Suite Life on Deck created by Danny Kallis and Jim Geoghan. Dylan and Cole Sprouse were also co-producers for the movie. The film premiered on March 25, 2011 on the Disney Channel. A sneak peek was shown during the Disney Channel Shake It Up New Years event.
After making plans to spend spring break with his girlfriend Bailey Pickett (Debby Ryan), Cody Martin (Cole Sprouse) decides to leave the SS Tipton, a large cruise ship where he attends school, to work as an intern for Dr. Donald Spaulding (John Ducey) at a prestigious research firm instead. He does so in hopes of obtaining a scholarship to Yale. When Cody's twin brother Zack (Dylan Sprouse) reveals Cody's plans to Bailey before Cody could, she becomes infuriated that Cody canceled his plans with her and refuses to speak to him. Meanwhile, Zack asks Cody for his car, which their parents will give to Cody when he goes to college, but Cody refuses.
However, after Zack runs a billion-dollar submarine into the seawall in an attempt to impress a cute science assistant, and Cody does the same trying to stop him, the equipment is lost and Cody is kicked out of the program and fired. Furious, Cody tells Zack he hates him and vows to never forgive him, claiming they may be twins, but they definitely are not brothers. Elsewhere, London Tipton (Brenda Song) accidentally eats a fruit given to the dolphins which allows her to understand them.
The Martin twins later learn that although Cody will no longer be eligible to work as Dr. Spaulding's intern, both boys are ideal for the Gemini Project, a massive project by Dr. Ronald Olsen (Matthew Glave), who studies the physical and emotional connection of twins. Though it takes them much thought, the brothers agree and land themselves in a camp among hundreds of other twins. Dr. Olsen explains the purpose of the project is to create an emotional bond between people with the hopes of putting an end to evil in the world. By doing this, according to Dr. Olsen, he must form a bond between twins. Over the course of the project, which uses the same fruit as Dr. Spaulding's experiments, Zack and Cody form a bond: first a physical bond, in which they can sense what the other is feeling, then empathy, or an emotional bond. After they develop these bonds, they overhear a conversation that reveals Dr. Olsen has evil intentions. Meanwhile, Bailey discovers Cody's letter and reads it. She realizes Cody only wanted to obtain a scholarship to Yale and goes with London and Woody (Matthew Timmons) to find him.
At the institute, London learns from a dolphin that Zack and Cody are at the Gemini Project and alerts Dr. Spaulding who claims that the Martin twins may be in danger. Bailey calls the manager of the SS Tipton, Mr. Moseby (Phill Lewis), to the site of the Gemini Project while they all go to save Zack and Cody. During this time, the brothers attempt to flee the island and the army of twins, who are now mind-controlled to go after the two. The army succeeds, as Zack and Cody are captured and taken back to the laboratory, where Bailey, London, Woody, and Dr. Spaulding find them. Dr. Olsen reveals that he is Dr. Spaulding's evil twin and explains that he spied on Zack and Cody earlier.
After telling each other off, Zack and Cody begin to merge, but the merge is unsuccessful because the twins get into an argument that escalates into a fight, ultimately destroying the Gemini Project. Ronald attempts to reboot the machine, but he is stopped by Cody who quickly forms a plan, and he and Zack give the special fruit to the Spaulding twins, who finally understand each other by telepathically discovering they wanted to be like each other all along. Mr. Moseby comes in with the police who arrest Ronald. Zack and Cody now understand that they make a "pretty good team."
Afterward, Cody and Bailey have reconciled and visited landmarks together and Zack is driving his car, which Cody finally agreed to let him have. On the dock, Zack parks the car in a shipping area and sees his friends and brother on the SS Tipton. Unfortunately, the car is crushed by a shipping crate containing London's summer clothes. While Zack stares in shock, the movie ends with Mr. Moseby saying, "Well, spring break is over. Now if I could just make it to summer vacation."
- Cole Sprouse as Cody Martin
- Dylan Sprouse as Zack Martin
- Brenda Song as London Tipton
- Debby Ryan as Bailey Pickett
- Matthew Timmons as Woody Fink
- John Ducey as Dr. Donald Spaulding / Dr. Ronald Spaulding
- Matthew Glave as Dr. Ronald Olsen
- Phill Lewis as Mr. Moseby
- Katelyn Pacitto as Nellie Smith
- Kara Pacitto as Kellie Smith
- Steven French as Ben
- John French as Sven
- Norman Misura as Fish Monger
- Russ Ross as Sea Captain
The movie aired worldwide on Disney Channel. It premiered in the United Kingdom and Ireland on February 17, 2012. It premiered in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, and the Philippines on June 25, 2011.
The movie was made available on iTunes starting April 5, 2011 and on Netflix to stream on April 24, 2011.
Sarah Peel of BSC Kids was positive about the film, saying the film was "typical" but said she was surprised at "just how funny it was". She later went on to say that it was a good film for younger children to watch. She gave the film a 7 out of 10.
- "Zack & Cody Continue The 'Suite' Adventure With The Premiere Of "The Suite Life Movie," Friday, March 25 On Disney Channel" (DOC). The Walt Disney Company. February 3, 2011. Retrieved February 4, 2011.
- Macdonald, Malcolm (September 20, 2010). "Production to Begin on The Suite Life Movie For Disney Channel" (DOC). The Walt Disney Company. Retrieved October 30, 2010.
"Production to Begin on The Suite Life Movie For Disney Channel". Disney Channel Medianet. Disney Channel. Retrieved October 30, 2010.
Seidman, Robert (September 20, 2010). "Production to Begin on The Suite Life Movie For Disney Channel". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 30, 2010.
- Suite Life Movie Sneak Peek. Advertisement. Disney Channel. December 31, 2010. Television.
- Disney Channel UK. "Disney Channel TV Guide – What's On". Disney Channel UK. Retrieved February 14, 2012. "17 February 2012; 18:00 – The Suite Life Movie"
- "The Suite Life Movie TV Guide". Zingzing. Retrieved February 14, 2012. "The Suite Life Movie: Disney Channel, 17th February, 18:00"
- The Suite Life Movie promo (Television advertisement). United Kingdom: Disney Channel UK. 2012. Event occurs at 0:01. "Coming in February"
- "The Suite Life Movie Premieres March 25th!". Official Sprouse Bros Website. February 4, 2011. Retrieved April 4, 2011.
- Peel, Sarah (March 27, 2011). "The Suite Life Movie – review". bsckids.com. Retrieved March 28, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (March 28, 2011). "Friday Cable Ratings: 'Friday Night Smackdown,' NCAA Hoops, 'Suite Life Movie' and More". tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- BARB, via