The Supermen Lovers
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Rewrite opening paragraph. (August 2012)|
|The Supermen Lovers|
|Birth name||Guillaume Atlan|
|Also known as||Stan de Mareuil|
|Associated acts||Moto, School|
The Supermen Lovers (moniker for Guillaume Atlan, born in Paris on February 9, 1975) is a French composer and electronic music producer. He was nominated at the French contest Victoires de la Musique in 2002 and at the 2001 MTV Europe Music Awards for Best French Artist.
Guillaume was born in Paris, his mother was a social worker and his father was a doctor and the drummer of the music band Mose.
At the age of 8, he started studying solfege and piano at the Francis Poulenc conservatory. His training lasted eight years. He released his first electronic album on UK label Cyclo under the name of « School », a duo which he took up with Stéphane Bejean-Lebenson. The title track, « Ain’t no Love » has been remixed by Larry Heard in 1999.
Then he opened his first label, Lafessé records, in 1999, starting to produce house music under the name of Stan de Mareuil.
In 2000, he started his "The Supermen Lovers" project in tribute to the Johnny Guitar Watson track « Superman Lover». After the release of « Marathon Man, released on his own label, Guillaume composed Starlight. Mani Hoffman joined him on this project, singing and co-writing its lyrics with Guillaume. Backing vocals were taken care by Onili.
The Starlight success was immediate and Guillaume signed his first album ‘’The Player’’ on BMG in 2001. Starlight was charted N°2 in France and in the U.K, and was a big succes in several countries such as Belgium, Australia, Germany, Spain, Italy.
« The Player » album contained several tracks which had became classics tracks of electronic music ( Family Business, Hard Stuff, Diamonds for her, Dance with you..). Thanks to "The Player", Guillaume entered the exclusive artistic scene called French House .
After several Ep’s, launched between 2001 and 2004, his second album « Boys in The Wood » album was released at the end of 2004. This album essentially contained club music, we think of Rebirth, The Howling Session ot The Mission.
After this meeting Rick, Guillaume decided to work on a new album, where he invited a lot of mythological stars of 80s funk like Rick Bailey (Delegation) and Norma Jean Wright from Chic. In collaboration with La Tebwa records, his third album, « Between The ages » was launched on November 2011. European critics' reaction has been incredible for « Say No More » « C’est Bon » and « Take a Chance » tracks, but it was also a succes in clubs. The tracks were remixed by big artists such as Todd Edwards, Chloe and Aka Aka.
In January 2011, Guillaume started lives of « The Supermen Lovers » by taking it more analogic, mixing synthesizers, guitars, sequencers and brass ensemble He was also asked to remix great names of the European electronic scene like Jupiter, Andy, Spiller or S'Express.
In 2013, Guillaume decided to create a brand new label « Word Up records » which will produce " The Supermen Lovers" ( next album will be released on 2015, with the collaboration of la Tebwa rec). Guillaume opens himself to other music types by producing rock-folf ep’s of the artist Natty Fensie.
- Studio albums
- Underground Disco EP (2001)
- Ultimate Disco EP (2001)
- Fantasia Disco EP (2003)
- Noctus Delectatum EP (2003)
- Material Disco EP (2004)
- Foundation Disco EP (2011)
- "Fantasma Disco EP" (2012)
- Poltergay (2006) (as Moto & The Supermen Lovers)
- "Starlight" (2001)
- "Diamonds for Her" (2002)
- "Hard Stuff (Get Your Ticket for a Ride)" (2002)
- "Born to Love You" (2004)
- "Bus Stop" (2005)
- "Under Pressure" (2005)
- "Take a Chance" (2010)
- "C'est Bon" (2011)
- "We got That Booty" (2012)
- "Moments" (2013)
- Donny Hathaway - The Ghetto (The Supermen Lovers Remix)
- Jupiter - One O six (The Supermen Lovers Classic Remix)
- Jupiter - One O Six (The Supermen Lovers Basic Remix)
- Scuola Furano - Danceteria (The Supermen Lovers Remix)
- Scuola Furano - Danceteria (The Supermen Lovers Dub)
- Jarco Weiss & Le Miracle - Cosmos Anatomique (The Supermen Lovers Classic Remix)
- Jarco Weiss & Le Miracle - Cosmos Anatomique (The Supermen Lovers Basic Remix)
- A.N.D.Y & Vicente - El Barrio (The Supermen Lovers Remix)
- Count Jackula - Breakfast (The Supermen Lovers Remix)
- Spiller - URASTAR (The Supermen Lovers Remix)
- Natty Fensie - Gonna find you (The Supermen Lovers remix)
- Situation - Robot (The Supermen Lovers)
- Lo Stato Sociale - Pop (The Supermen Lovers Classic Remix)
- Lo Stato Sociale - Pop (The Supermen Lovers Basic Remix)
- Kimo & Fido - Victory (The Supermen Lovers Remix)
- New Order - 60 miles/hour (The Supermen Lovers Remix)
- Master H - C'est la vie (The Supermen Lovers Remix)
- Dance like Shaquille P'Neil. "The Supermen Lovers interview". http://www.dlso.it/new/the-supermen-lovers-interview-mixtape/.
- "Francis Poulenc Conservatory". Conservatoire municipaux.
- "School release". Discogs.
- "Ain't no love". Groove collector.
- "Lafessé records". Discogs.
- Marathon man release. "Supermen Lovers, The – Underground Disco EP". Discogs.
- "The player release". Discogs.
- Starlight charts. "Starlight charts". Top 40 charts.
- Starlight-. "British charts". British charts single. Retrieved 12 September 2011.
- Starlight. "Starlight belgium charts". Ultra Top.
- Starlight. "Starlight australian charts". australian charts.
- Starlight. "Starlight global charts". les charts.
- Mixmag- The supermen Lovers tracks. "Solomun mixtape". MixMag.
- The Supermen Lovers tacks. "Introducing decade". Ministry of Sound. Retrieved 7 March 2014.
- The supermen lovers ep. "Fantasia Disco ep". Discogs.
- The Supermen Lovers ep. "Noctus Delectatum Disco ep". Discogs.
- The Supermen Lovers ep. "Material Disco ep". Discogs.
- The Supermen Lovers. "Ultimate Disco ep". Discogs.
- The supermen Lovers. "Boys in the Wood". Discogs.
- Take a Chance. "The Supermen Lovers itw". Funky Disco Please!.
- The Supermen Lovers, You And I. "The Supermen Lovers & Chic". Chic Tribute.
- The Supermen Lovers release. "Take a Chance". Discogs.
- The Supermen Lovers. "Between The Ages". Discogs.
- Between The Ages. "The supermen lovers- Say no More". Gizmodo. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- Between The Ages. "The Supermen Lovers- new album". Charts In France.
- The Supermen Lovers. "The between The Ages album". French Touch info.
- Between The Ages album. "The Supermen Lovers interview". the Chemistry magazine. Retrieved November 13, 2012.
- Between The Ages album. "The Supermen Lovers". Actualites electroniques. Retrieved March 18, 2012.
- Between The Ages. "The Supermen Lovers Interview". Two Many Sebastians. Retrieved October 14, 2011.
- TAke a chance video. "Between The ages,Take A chance". Lagasta. Retrieved April 29, 2011.
- The Supermen Lovers concert. "Badaboom". The times We live in. Retrieved December 21, 2013.
- The Supermen Lovers Concert. "Transbordeur concert". le mauvais coton. Retrieved February 24, 2012.
- Natty Fensie. "Natty Fensie & the Supermen Lovers collaboration". Across the Days.
- "Facebook". Facebook. Retrieved 7 October 2011.
- "Facebook". Facebook. Retrieved 28 October 2014.