The Superstation Orkney
|Broadcast area||Orkney, Caithness|
|Slogan||"More Music More Variety"|
|Frequency||105.4 MHz, Online|
|First air date||4 September 2004|
|Website||The Superstation Orkney|
The Superstation Orkney, also known as just The Superstation, is a local commercial radio station which broadcasts to some parts of mainland Orkney and Caithness. The station is Orkney's only commercial radio station, and broadcasts 'a broad range of popular and contemporary music'. The station also broadcasts a two-minute news bulletin on the hour provided by Independent Radio News (whose services are, in turn, provided by Sky News Radio).
 Restricted Service Licence
The Superstation started broadcasting under a 3 month trial Restricted Service Licence awarded by Ofcom on Saturday September 4, 2004, from the MV Communicator, berthed at St Margaret's Hope. The station was expected to launch earlier in the week, but could not due to not being linked to the Wideford Hill radio transmitter which serves Orkney. The licence expired and the station stopped broadcasting at around 7pm on Tuesday 23 November 2004.
 Community radio licence
After The Superstation's Restricted Service Licence expired, the station applied to Ofcom for a community radio licence. Ofcom's Radio Licensing Committee granted Superstation Orkney the licence on 5 September 2005. The station began broadcasting under its community radio license on Monday January 14, 2008 at 12:00 GMT with a show co-presented by Dave Miller & Ryan Woodman.
- Ryan Woodman
- Spencer Cork
- Dave Sherwood
- Peter Quinn[disambiguation needed]
- Gary King
- Andy Lawson
- Dave Miller
 Past presenters
- Russ Lowe
- Sam Turner
- Phil Rodgers
- Luke Crawford
- Sean Coleman
- Micky Gavin
- Andy Gregory
- Jojo Sutherland
- Dee Kelly
- Paul Johnston
- Will Aktinson
- Tiiu Shelly
- Pat Sharpe
- Mark Leigh
- http://licensing.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/radio/community/archive/superstation.pdf Community Radio License Application Form - The Superstation Orkney - Retrieved 2008-01-14.
- http://tx.mb21.co.uk/mapsys/google/hitlist.php UK Broadcast Transmission - The "Hit List" - retrieved 2010-08-15
- http://web.archive.org/web/20080116053340/www.thesuperstation.co.uk/courses.htm Courses - retrieved by archive.org on 2008-01-21.
- http://www.thesuperstation.co.uk/courses.htm Courses - "The courses have now finished" - retrieved 2010-08-15
- http://www.orcadian.co.uk/archive/2004/archive36.htm "Last-minute setbacks delay launch of Orkney's first commercial radio station" - Retrieved 2008-01-14.
- http://www.ofcom.org.uk/radio/ifi/rbl/commun_radio/tlproc/ctyraawa/communr210905/ "Ten community radio licence awards: September 2005" Accessed: 2008-01-14.
- http://www.webcitation.org/5UqRDXocE - "The Super Station Orkney are happy to announce our full program schedule will launch on Monday 14th January 2008 at midday" - Retrieved 2008-01-14.