The Survivors' Suite
|The Survivors' Suite|
|Studio album by Keith Jarrett|
Tonstudio Bauer, Ludwigsburg
|Keith Jarrett chronology|
The Survivors' Suite is an album by American pianist Keith Jarrett which was released on the ECM label in 1976. It features performances by Jarrett's 'American Quartet' which included Dewey Redman, Charlie Haden, and Paul Motian.
The Allmusic review by Stacia Proefrock awarded the album 5 stars stating "Like other albums of its time, this was beginning to show the brightness, lightness, and soft edges of contemporary jazz, but the solidness of Haden's bass helps the music rooted and earthbound.".
The Penguin Guide to Jazz by Richard Cook and Brian Morton regards the album as a "masterpiece, with the quartet pulling together on an ambitiously large-scale piece, each member contributing whole-heartedly and passionately."
- "The Survivor's Suite: Beginning" - 27:21
- "The Survivor's Suite: Conclusion' - 21:18
- All compositions by Keith Jarrett.
- Keith Jarrett - piano, soprano saxophone, bass recorder, celeste, drums
- Dewey Redman - tenor saxophone, percussion
- Charlie Haden - bass
- Paul Motian - drums, percussion
- Proefrock, S. Allmusic Review accessed September 16, 2011