The Symbol of the Unconquered
|Symbol of the Unconquered
(The Wilderness Trail)
Contemporary newspaper advertisement.
|Directed by||Oscar Micheaux|
|Produced by||Oscar Micheaux|
|Written by||Oscar Micheaux|
|Release dates||November 29, 1920|
|Running time||54 minutes; 7 reels (silentera has it at 8 reels, IMDb says 5 reels)|
This film is Micheaux's fourth feature length film and along with Within Our Gates is amongst his earliest surviving works. This film was made at Fort Lee, New Jersey and released by Micheaux on November 29, 1920. A print of the film is extant at the Museum of Modern Art in New York. 
- Iris Hall - Eve Mason
- Walker Thompson - Hugh Van Allen
- Lawrence Chenault - Jefferson Driscoll
- Mattie Wilkes - Mother Driscoll
- Louis Dean - August Barr
- Leigh Whipper - Tugi, Indian Fakir
- Jim Burris - ?
- E. G. Tatum - Abraham
- James Burrrough - ?
- George Catlin - Dick Mason
- Symbol of the Unconquered at SilentEra
- The American Film Institute Catalog Feature Films: 1911-20 by The American Film Institute (1988)