The Texas Rangers (1936 film)
|The Texas Rangers|
|Directed by||King Vidor|
|Produced by||King Vidor|
|Written by||King Vidor
Walter Prescott Webb
|Music by||Gerard Carbonara|
|Edited by||Doane Harrison|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
The Texas Rangers is a 1936 action Western film directed by King Vidor and starring Fred MacMurray and Jack Oakie. The picture was nominated for Best Sound (Franklin B. Hansen) at the 1936 Oscars.
- Fred MacMurray as Jim Hawkins
- Jack Oakie as Henry B. "Wahoo" Jones
- Jean Parker as Amanda Bailey
- Lloyd Nolan as Sam "Polka Dot" McGee
- Edward Ellis as Major Bailey
- Benny Bartlett as David
- Frank Shannon as Capt. Stafford
- Frank Cordell as Ranger Ditson
- Richard Carle as Casper Johnson
- Jed Prouty as District Attorney Dave Twitchell
- Fred Kohler as Jess Higgens
- George "Gabby" Hayes as Judge Snow
The movie was followed by a sequel in 1940 called The Texas Rangers Ride Again with a new cast.
The movie was remade in 1949 as Streets of Laredo.
- "The 9th Academy Awards (1936) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Retrieved 2011-08-09.
- "NY Times: Texas Rangers". NY Times. Retrieved 2011-08-09.