From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Directed by||Gleb Panfilov|
|Written by||Aleksandr Chervinsky
|Distributed by||IFEX (US theatrical)|
16 October 1987 (U.S. limited)
The Theme (Russian: Тема) is a 1979 Soviet film directed by Gleb Panfilov. It tells the story of an egotistical playwright who thinks of himself as an artist, but who allows the system to make him write conformist plays.
- Mikhail Ulyanov as Kim Yesenin, writer
- Inna Churikova as Sasha Nikolaeva, museum guide
- Stanislav Lyubshin as Gravedigger, dissident, Sasha's friend
- Yevgeni Vesnik as Igor Paschin, writer
- Yevgeniya Nechayeva as Maria Alexandrovna
- Natalya Seleznyova as Svetlana, Yesenin's disciple
- Sergey Nikonenko as Sinitsyn, policeman
- "Berlinale: 1987 Prize Winners". berlinale.de. Retrieved 2011-02-27.
|This article related to Soviet film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 1970s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|